Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to loop my AtmaFX down load of bone chillers to my Hi-Rez Designs video repeater. I copied the download to a SD card and I can only get the first file to repeat. There are eight different files or scenes. What did I do wrong ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i dont know anything about the media player your using. But can you not combine all the files together then you end up with one file that you set on repeat?

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
What computer OS are you working on so people can be more specific to you?

For example using my Mac PowerbookPro I can use iMovie and drop in video clips, audio, titling, backgrounds, transitions and then save it out as a new file based on the target device I want to use it on.

Not familiar with the equipment you are using but I think when I was playing around with my HomeFX projector last year I was able to select the video files I wanted to display and as a group loop them but it's been a while and obviously not the equipment you have. Do you have a manual for it? Probably would give you some idea of how to do that.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Hi-Rez's site does say you can loop a single video or a sequence of video. https://www.hi-rezdesigns.com/store/product.php?productid=17752&cat=250&page=1 so it should be possible. I'm sure there are other users on here of that product who might see this and Hi-Rez is a member here. Probably would have been better to post this under the Prop section. Maybe a Moderator can move it and re-title it so people know he's looking for help with the product? I sent in a request.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m still having problems and I contacted AtmosFx and here is what they said but I need this put into a language I can understand.
In order to loop playback with a series of files on your player you need to rename them. Naming a looping file 000.xxx as above. Then name the other file 001.xxx,002.xxx,and etc. in order.
Anybody have some advice for me ?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
You shouldn't need to rename the files. I believe you have to go into "menu" on the media player and select "repeat all".

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried that JMan with the renamed file but I will try again in the morning with the original download

·
Registered
124 Posts
Happy to be proven wrong, but going from memory (the manual is at home) I recall it needs the filenames to be changed to 001.xxx (where xxx is the original file extension - eg: .avi or .mov or .mp4) 002.xxx 003.xxx etc if you want to play the files in a specific order on repeat. It may also be necessary if your triggering the videos (eg trigger 1 plays 001, trigger 2 plays 002 etc) or that might be the other player I've got? :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JMan I have no repeat all. So Ozawa when I rename the file how do I find out what type of extension it is ? I right click and it just highlights the name of the file ?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I have labeled each file folder 001.mp4 up to 8 but still only playing one file
You don't wanna rename folders, you need to rename each individual file. Don't worry about what the file extension is, you are not going to change that part. Rename the beginning of each file starting with 01_
So for example, whatever the existing name is for the first file, just add 01_ in front of it. Add 02_ in front of the second file, 03_ in front of the third, and so on. Be sure to use the underscore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts