Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of the type of post that belongs in a blog, but I'd like some feedback from you kind folks if you don't mind. :)

This is the first Halloween since both 2001, and 2002 where I have been totally confused as to what I am going to do for Halloween. Since 2003, I have dressed up as Jason Voorees, and I go to downtown Austin, Texas on 6th street which is always a madhouse on Halloween, but after I watched the horror movie "Trick r' Treat", I think I am going to dress as the character, Principal Wilkins. And I'm thinking of going to my parent's house, and just passing out candy this Halloween, which would litreally be a first for me. I've passed out candy a few times before, but not during the entire night.

I love Jason Voorhees, but I'm burned out on being him. I've been planning on just being Jason again, and I must admit, my Halloween sprit has been low since, but since considering being Principal Wilkins, I've been giddy about the whole thing, and I am pumped for Halloween. I miss that feeling! I also don't want to wear a mask this year, or have on lots of make-up, and when I'm Jason, I always wear an undermask, the hockey mask, and black make-up to cover up the human part of my face, and I wanna be comfy this year. And I admit, I kinda miss Halloween the way it use to be for me. Sure, I'm too old for trick-or-treating, but passing the candy out is the next best thing, and that can be fun. It'd be fun to scare/mess with the kids a little. I have all kinds of ideas too on what I could do. I wouldn't do anything too mean, but I'd try to do/say stuff that would be memorable. Also, I pretty much know what I'd be missing on 6th street, and I just don't know if I wanna deal with the crowd this year, and if I'm Jason, I'm just gonna be pestered the whole time by people wanting my picture. Plus, I often have to deal with drunk morons screaming in my face, or trying to steal my machete, or take my mask off, etc. And I always sweat like a stuck pig too.

I hope I don't regret this choice, but if I do, there's always next Halloween. I tell ya, with the way life moves by so quickly, I doubt I'll be waiting very long for the next Halloween. It seems like it was last Halloween six months ago! But I think it's important to try new things, and who knows, if I'm not Jason this year, and regret it, I may apprecaite being Jason more next year, and will wanna be him. 2009 has been a year of change for me, so maybe I should that theme going. Anyhow, anyone else ever have fun just staying in for Halloween? And if so, what are some things you do to make the night fun and memorable?

Typical Ghoul Next Door
I think it is perfectly fine to do a change-up every once in a while. If you've gotten in a rut as Jason, then try the new costume (and which Principal are you going to be? The vampire with the black mask or the "normal" look with blood all down the shoulder?)

Handing out the candy is fun. You get to see all of the kids, spook the ones that you can and it's bound to be a refreshing change from your typical night.

Nothing saying you can't be Jason next year... ;)

The Halloween King
Staying in handy out candy can be fun damn right.

But why can't you do both?

I shut up shop at 10pm and head straight into town to the bars and clubs to party the night away adult style till the sun comes up.

It can be done, trust me.

Registered
Since living in a place of our own and handing out candy, I have to say I enjoy it also. I love to see all the kids in costumes. Although I have to say that sometimes the kids are rushing past pretty fast.

I personally have always thought I would like to leave my husband home to hand out candy (I've been the primary door answerer in the past) and I would take off with a neighbor and her kids and walk the streets with the kids trick or treating. If the house was really cool I would go up to the door but for the most part would love to just take it all in on Halloween night again.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Frankie's Girl - I'm gwith the blood running down my shoulder when I hand out the candy. I plan to wear a business suit too, with black eyeglasses. I'd love to go out later wearing the black vampire mask, but I'm not sure where to find a mask like that.

OMGDan - I actually am thinking of doing both. There's a bar not too far from my place, and they sometimes have costume contests, and I may consider dressing as Jason then. The bar is pretty popular in my neighborhood, so it'd be like a mini-downtown thing I suppose.

Ghost of Spookie - That's cool! And yeah, seeing kids in their costumes can be fun too. I plan on not trying to scare the younger ones. I may save that for the older ones...keyword: May...lol. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the plan as of right now is to just go to my parents house, and pass out candy. I already bought some black eyeglasses from Halloween Express, a pumpkin pail to pass candy out in, a real pumpkin to keep me company during the night, a cheap white business shirt, and a dark blue tie from a local Goodwill for me to wear. I already have some work pants, a belt, and dress shoes I can wear. I still need to see if the fake blood I have from last year still looks good though. If not, I'll have to get some more.

I'm not sure if I wanna go downtown or to any bars or nightclubs though. After passing out candy, I might just go back to my place, and watch The Devil's Rejects again. I've become quite obsessed with that film lately, and there's something about watching a scary movie on Halloween that sounds fun. I've never done that before, and it seems like the feel and vibe of watching a horror movie might be different on Halloween then any other night. The story in that movie doesn't even take place during Halloween though, but it's one of my favorite horror films, and honoring it on Halloween may be fun.

I've been pretty depressed lately, and I just don't know if I can handle seeing large groups of happy people having a good time together. Plus, even though I always liked the attention, I'd rather people be scared of my costume then wanna come up to me, and be my pal for sixty seconds before moving on to the next costume they like. I've scared some people as Jason before, but not enough. :)

I'm a pretty scary looking guy on my own. I don't need a mask or make-up. No sarcasm intended. I seem to freak people out all the time whenever I walk cause I'm a big and tall guy with long hair, and a scruffy face, and with my costume this year, I'll have that classic pedophile teacher look going for me, and the imagination can be people's worst enemy. I'll have to break out my acting skills, and not go overboard and avoid being cheesy, and hopefully, I'll be able to make plenty of folks uneasy. :)

I don't think the casual fan, especially kids and parents will even be aware that I'm dressed as a character from a film, and I'm hoping some folks will think I am not even in a costume, and those are my real glasses, and that I was just being cheesy by adding fake blood to the shirt. Also, the motivation behind creating that character is that he's the guy who puts razor blades in candy, and that is what makes him scary, and that's another vibe I'm hoping will be felt by the parents and the older kids.

Also, I already put those glasses on one evening when I was really scruffy, and I may stick with the scruffiness. I was even thinking of putting my hair up, but I think the long hair, and scruffy face adds to the fear factor I'm hoping to have going. The whole costume is like a really evil version of that stereotypical 1950's wholesome all American Dad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts