Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I have these controllers now. Here's a quick overview of the board.

The TRY-ME-TROL will allow you to easily and professionally trigger any store bought prop that has a “Try Me” button. Most mass produced props have a photo cell and/or an electret microphone for triggering the prop, neither of which typically function reliably, especially in low light or dark conditions. The TRY-ME-TROL uses advanced circuitry along with a real PIR motion sensor that works extremely well even in total darkness! There is also an option to use your own Step Pad instead of the supplied PIR if you so choose. The TRY-ME-TROL is “Touch Programmable” via an onboard button, making it extremely user friendly. The button allows you to program the length of time required for your particular prop sequence. An onboard POT also allows you to dial in a Post Delay. A post delay prevents the prop from immediately re-triggering, allowing time for the patron to move on and re-set the prop for the next “victim”. Once you have the run time and post delays programmed, the TRY-ME-TROL will retain those settings until you change them, even when powered off!
Of course you can easily change the programming any time you wish. The STATUS LED tells you what is going on at all times.
Board size is 1.65" x 1.65", introduction price will be $30 each plus shipping and includes the Mini PIR with a 3 foot cable.

View attachment 536058

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm so excited about this! Some questions: Will there be documentation for those of use electronically challenged (either online or in print)? And, will you combine shipping.

So amped.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm so excited about this! Some questions: Will there be documentation for those of use electronically challenged (either online or in print)? And, will you combine shipping.

So amped.
Yes and yes. I just about have the documentation finalized, should be done next week as well.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Glad to see the new thread and I'd say you are ahead of schedule! Are we still looking at around $30? I'm still in for my 3-4 as mentioned earlier.

BTW J-Man does nice instruction sheets with lots of close up photos.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks GOS! Yes, price will be $30 plus shipping and includes the Mini PIR with 3' cable. There won't be many photos in this documentation, the only connections from the prop are the "Try Me" wires and power, it's really simple.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For now these will be a HF exclusive. As soon as I get the PIR's tested I will post and you can order by emailing me. Thanks!

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Mine arrived today! That board is really small and should be easily hidden too. Hope to sit down with my husband by this weekend and try them out. Great packaging as always.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts