Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
I love True Blood! When I first saw it I was surprised by the similarities between it and Twilight (as well as all the graphic sex, though not really complaining ;) ). There's just something about the way vamp Bill talks~ it's lovely!

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just finished episode 5. I could stay up all night watching the rest, but stupid work is in the way. Bill is a gentleman and a bad boy...why do we women love that so much? Also, why do they keep having these British men play American vampires.....it would be so much better if they had the British accent.

I knew it was an HBO show so knew there for sure was going to be sex. Although it's always just Jason it seems LOL

The similarities between this and Twilight are funny. She hears the thoughts except his.....all the vampire myths, although I like how this does have some of the myths (sunlight, stakes...) Will be watching more tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Is it out on DVD yet? HBO just had a marathon a few weeks ago, and that was when I saw most of them, but missed a few due to work. I'd love to be able to spend a whole weekend curled up by the warm glow of my tv and watch them back to back. I didn't realize the guy who plays Bill is British... and the similarities continue! As far as the accents, the actor who plays bill pulls it off much better than Robert Pattinson (sorry! Still love his Edward!)

The guy who plays Sam was on the first season of Dexter (also a huge fave of mine), but absolute opposite type of character on there- very clean shaven and slimey. But I like how neither Sam or Bill is totally good or bad; how do you pick? They're both quite enjoyable. Poor Sookie/Bella... choices, choices!

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It'll be on DVD in May it looks like. Not a fan of Sam at all. That's how I started out with Jacob too. Wow this is Twilight for adults. Like I said I'm only on episode 5 so not sure what goes on with Sam, but had ideas from episode 1. Thinking he really is the Jacob in this.

I'm all about Vampires so no matter what Sam does I'm all for Bill. I was told I have to check out Dexter. I think that is on DVD, so will have to check if the library has it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
MrsM, you need to get done work and go finish those episodes! Now I want to watch them again, too- are you watching them online?

There's just something about those grey patches at Sam's temples that just does it for me, but then gotta say I'm all about the werewolves (or cute puppies), but I'm also a sucker for a man who speaks eloquently. At this point until one of them does something really wack, I just can't choose! And it was the same with Twilight- well written characters with different pros but few cons about both of them. Episide 5 was particularly good, the next is better. The interactions between Sookie's grandma and Bill are some of my favourites, that woman is a sweetheart.

(Seasons 1 & 2 of Dex are out on DVD, 3 should be along within a few months, can't see how you won't LOVE it)

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's not bad to look at. Thanks Johnny.

I forgot to say I did finish the season. They were starting to lose me there towards the end. I hate the new girl vamp that Bill turned. Can I kill her?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Not bad to look at? I don't know, seems like Vampire Bill has some smokin competition there!

I'd like to see more scenes with Pam & Eric at Fangtasia- I read somewhere that Eric was a Viking? And since Pam speaks Scandinavian I wonder if she was, too.

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
True Blood is based off of the Southern Vampire book series written by Charlaine Harris, the first book is called Dead until Dark.

the books are quite different from the show (just to let you know.) ;)

(and yes Eric is a viking)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I watched True Blood last season, was sad to see it end. I disconnected HBO after it ended, but will reconnect in June when the 2nd season starts. (saving money). I think it starts back up in June, but not sure.
I went to look for the DVDs along time ago but they were not out yet but, they did have a free sample-demo dvd of the first show. (Best Buy). The only thing is it has a faint HBO shadow-label on the entire show. :(

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's some set pics from Season 2 of the show.....

Update: True Blood Season 2 Photo Gallery- ShockTillYouDrop.com
Thank you! I loved the video clip.

I watched True Blood last season, was sad to see it end. I disconnected HBO after it ended, but will reconnect in June when the 2nd season starts. (saving money). I think it starts back up in June, but not sure.
I went to look for the DVDs along time ago but they were not out yet but, they did have a free sample-demo dvd of the first show. (Best Buy). The only thing is it has a faint HBO shadow-label on the entire show. :(
True Blood: Complete First Season (5 Disc) - Widescreen Dolby - DVD

I watched the 1st season on the internet, considering buying the DVD's though. Will have to wait a little while after season 2 starts to watch it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks MrsMyers666,
I was wondering when the 1st season dvd collection would finally be available. :) That is about the same time Benjamin Button will be out too. I just loved the special photo effects in that movie.

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wicked you answered my question from the visitor message I left you. I'm so happy she signed on to write more. They are great books!

I just re-read From Dead to Worse and started Dead to the World again. I love the Eric parts in these. There are videos on Youtube from Comic Con, maybe I'll post them later if I remember. It seems like we may get more Eric and the triangle as well from the books.

belle have you read the books?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I haven't read them, which is shocking because I'm a HUGE reader. I think I'll start them after season 2 is over. I've heard from friends who have read them that they're pretty different from the tv series, but I love being surprised on the show and don't want to know what happens ahead of time. It's such a dilemma, lol. Btw your icon is very pretty!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I believe I have seen the YouTubes from Comic Con. Post them anyway. I definately am looking forward to watching how the Love Triangle plays out on the show. Alan B. does not follow everything in the books. From an interview Alexander gave "There is some hint that Alexander has an upcoming nude scene and will have sex with someone on True Blood, but Alexander refused to go into details. We will just have to keep on watching True Blood to find out." Can't wait for that.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts