Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Watching a favorite childhood T.V. series “Tales from the Darkside”. I was inspired by a particular episode which reminded me why I loved that show so much…and honestly why I still do still kind of freaked me out. I believe it’s called “Halloween Candy”. I love the story line, I really enjoyed the character’s and the eerie nature of it all but what amazes me the most is the delivery of the story line. It was so subtle and dramatic at the same time.
This episode is now the foundation of my party theme and since Halloween falls on a Saturday this year it makes it all the better. I know what I want to do as far as the food is concerned, but, I wonder about decor? Has anyone done a troll theme party for children? And should I make a prop featuring the main character?

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I am not familiar with the show or the trolls. Hopefully someone will come along with info for you. This reminded me that I do have a mask of a troll that I bought from QVC. I believe it is a Don Post mask. I need to dig it out.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,951 Posts
Ah....this is the troll is from TftD "Halloween Candy" episode. I can totally see why it freaked you out. I loved that show too. Good stuff.

THIS was what I thought this thread was going to be about:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
When those small trolls came out, I said they were way off. Real trolls look like the ones from the Lord of the Rings. ;) TROLLHUNTER is a movie about monstrous ones. And legends state that evil trolls made their lairs under bridges. Maybe you can incorporate this into your haunt.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EXACTLY!!!! The one I was referring too. Hopefully I will have time to make a similar prop like that one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to watch that movie. When I think about it there are many kind of trolls.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks printersdevil the mask looks awesome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How did the show set the scene? Are you going to create a troll's lair? A troll bridge? What do the trolls do? I wanted to have a goblin party a few years ago, but I eventually changed plans due to time (creating) constraints. My goblins were going to live in a magical, garden like place, but I guess on the darker side. A lair, with all the things they would (I Imagine) steal would be cool.

Searching through pics, I thought these showed and interesting setting:
http://guides.gamepressure.com/thewitcher2assassinsofkings/guide.asp?ID=11317

1 - 11 of 11 Posts