Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Don't want to offend anyone here....just looking for advise please....I want to take a trip to a Halloween/Spooky place next year. I'm thinking sometime in late September early October. I have been to Salem Mass a few times...and....Again--Sorry if I offend some here....but it is too cheesy for me. Has anyone been to Sleepy Hollow NY or Savannah, Georgia?? I like vintage spooky Halloween....not gore or carnival atmosphere...I live in new england but am willing to travel anywhere in the USA

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
We went to Sleepy Hollow this year and had a great time. Lot's of atmosphere. Be sure to be there on a week-end when activities are happening. Go to the Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze at Van Cortlandt Manor in Croton-On-Hudson. We did the Sleepy Hollow presentation at the Old Dutch Church, and take a lantern tour of the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. There are haunted attractions at Phillipsburg Manor and a Sleepy Hollow-themed haunt nearby but we didn't do those this time. Check online and get your tickets early for all events, because they sell out. They advertised ticket sales starting Sept 1, but I check online a few days earlier and was able to get the tickets then.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I agree with Chris. Sleepy hollow cemetery has atmosphere and feel of Halloween. Tarrytown is loaded with things to do. The great pumpkin Blaze this year had over 7,000 hand carved pumpkins. There's a few night lantern tours you can do in sleepy hollow cemetery. I loved the one from a few years ago, "Dont be afraid of the Dark".
There are a few tours where you walk in the path of Ichodod Crane, the original bridge is gone, but the replacement is charming. Washington Irving stone is there too. As well as some amazing mausoleums. This is a very old cemetery. First of its kind to number 'plots'. Before it was kinda, "hey! You dig here. Let me know if you hit anything". The cemetery is also unique in the fact, it's thick with trees, has many roped / chained in family plots, has headstones AND foot stones. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to trip over a foot stone, or a dozen. I live within a half hour of this cemetery. If you want a friend or 5 to tour with you, I'd be there with bells on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts