Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a haunted house and I would like to trigger a couple of video players. Atmosfear-fx now has a trigger function on their dvd's, but DVD players have the drawback of having to physically point the remote at the player. I see there is a $189 media player that can trigger by means of an additional $50 sensor you buy on Hi-RezDesigns.

I own a couple of Minix X8 devices (solid state video players) and they run on an Android platform (basically Android version of Apple TV but plays any media). The remote for this is wireless so it would be perfect, however how to trigger and loop?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in a similar situation as yourself. I have 3 projectors and several of the AtmosFearFx videos and would like to have the unmanned "trigger" function (especially for Zombie Invasion).

I have 3 WD TV Streaming boxes (solid state media player) to use, but cannot find a "hack" to make an affordable trigger/sensor. I'm a handy guy and have a good friend that is an electrical engineer that would help. if I can find some instructions to make it happen.

Have you had any luck since your original post?

I am making a haunted house and I would like to trigger a couple of video players. Atmosfear-fx now has a trigger function on their dvd's, but DVD players have the drawback of having to physically point the remote at the player. I see there is a $189 media player that can trigger by means of an additional $50 sensor you buy on Hi-RezDesigns.

I own a couple of Minix X8 devices (solid state video players) and they run on an Android platform (basically Android version of Apple TV but plays any media). The remote for this is wireless so it would be perfect, however how to trigger and loop?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the replies. BOTH these systems look like wonderful solutions, however I am trying to stay on a budget (wife not on board with Halloween 100%, so spending $$$ would = MY corpse being on display in the front yard...LOL). As time goes on I can see up grading to some of the more elaborate systems. In the mean time I'm looking for the "Bubba" solution :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts