Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one here triggered BooBox Flex using DMX commands from VSA? BooBox Flex has a way to trigger the animated shows in its controller via DMX commands and I have been attempting to trigger via DMX commands from VSA with no success.

Thank you,

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have not hear of boobox. I bought a copy of VSA but long since lost that computer (I rebuild them, etc). I don't even know how to get my expensive copy of VSA again. Seems the site and app haven't been updated in years, yet there doesn't seem to be anything any better out there. Amazing to me how badly every DMX based software app I've seen looks and functions. I swear if I could find a good way to build a web interface that worked with the hardware via USB, I'd build a much better UI around DMX controller software.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,453 Posts
Do a search for a tutorial by Terra on DMX, I think she addresses the way to connect all of that together.

·
Registered
259 Posts
...yet there doesn't seem to be anything any better out there. Amazing to me how badly every DMX based software app I've seen looks and functions...
Good news: I am on the final leg of testing out my new show control system (Windows-based software) meant to address this need specifically. My software will allow one to create multiple timelines of audio-synchronized animation; freely marrying MIDI, DMX, and other popular input/output technologies, in a nice graphical user interface. My goal is to make this the easiest to use software of this type, allowing for both the recording of performed parts and the graphical editing of the animation data. Think VSA-type timelines with Vixen-type chase patterns, with the editing ease of Microsoft Paint, in a nice modern Windows UI application (WPF), supporting many different types of I/O hardware, all with the ability to have multiple scenes (timelines) executing synchronously or asynchronously.

How's that for a tease!

·
Registered
259 Posts
The quick answer is "when it is ready". I usually won't quote a time which would raise expectations, but think Q1 next year as a general goal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts