Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
What the heck is the holdup, anyways? I first heard about this movie like 3 years ago! At least release it on DVD or something (so I don't have to wait till another October for a theatre release)!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Don't get too excited, people. When a studio keeps postponing a films release date, it's almost always a stinker. Look At Tom Cruise's last film. "Valkyrie".

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sigh!!!

What up gang!

Johnny Thunder here with the latest sort of news regarding the flick that all Halloween and haunters want to see - The current word seems to be that Trick R Treat is going direct to DVD (why oh why, horror gods???) - and should be released by the end of 2009.

According to this promotion in the second link, it sadly looks like it is going the DVD/Blu-Ray route.........

Trick 'r Treat, Cell 2 DVD News- ShockTillYouDrop.com

WB Insider Rewards - Buy 5 Blu-Rays get 1 Free - DVD Talk Forum

I am still holding out for a theatrical release.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I cannot believe that they are releasing this straight to DVD. How ridiculous.

I mean, they can't even put it out at some theaters around Halloween or one one of the past Friday the 13ths?

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
From the trailer it looks o.k...quite atmospheric in places.
They also have it billed as "The best Halloween Movie for 30 years"! So releasing it straight to DVD does seem to be a bit of a wasted opportunity. I would expect it to do at least moderately well in cinemas if released around October time.

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey everyone - Johnny Thunder here with some Trick R Treat news!

Well, unfortunately, as we have discussed, it looks like the flick will indeed go direct to DVD and Blu-Ray this October -

However, the good news is that there will be a limited theatrical public starting next month at various festivals:

Check out the info here:

BD Horror News - 'Trick 'r Treat' Hits the Road in July, DVD/Blu-ray in October!

I still contend this decision to not release the flick in a wide release is just puzzling and frankly stupid.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
......I still contend this decision to not release the flick in a wide release is just puzzling and frankly stupid.
Ditto. I just can't understand the reasoning behind this decision at all.

·
Registered
232 Posts
that's because Hollywood is full of fools! they only think remakes is the way to go these days how sad for Horror films these days.......

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
that's because Hollywood is full of fools! they only think remakes is the way to go these days how sad for Horror films these days.......
I think you may have a point, Mr Frost.
When garbage like "My Bloody Valentine 3D" gets a cinema release and half the cinemas weren't even showing it in 3D..
Well, it makes you wonder.:confused::(

1 - 20 of 161 Posts