Halloween Forum banner

Trick or Treat Sam

Static: 
5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Jake1688 
#1 ·
Has anyone made Sam? I watched the movie Sunday(don't know how I missed this one) but he is soo cute and adorable. I have 2 of these soft children mannequins that are 3 feet tall (mind have heads ) and they would be perfect. It would be easy to recreate with orange pjs and the burlap. The hands would need to be changed but that is not biggie......Once I complete my werewolf I think I will start on Sam. Nothing like having your mind working OT , already thinking of next project before you finish the first....lol.......

#8 ·
Ok here he is!!!!!!!

Finished Sam last night...I went to Hancock fabrics and they had orange fur like fabric $2 a yard. went home cut it out and hot glued it together, to lazy to sew... I had the burlap sack in the closet, put one hand on and left the other with some burlap over it, I have to make his sucker. His body is poly filled with wire, so he is bendable, you can see in the first pic, he has a yellow body, after he was finished I just kept posing him , so much fun ..:)

#11 ·
Thanks for the nice comments, he is a full stuffed mannequin about 4 ft tall, that is used for scuba dive training, his head is just round so I covered it with the burlap, he also has wire in the legs and arms he bends at the hips so it is nice he can be posed...(should have took the pic before covering head, I have one more to make into something so I can take a pic of that one)

View attachment 16236

#14 ·
Trick 'r Treat Sam

My dear, sweet mother in law found a 2 foot tall soft bodied doll at a garage sale and thought he would be "cute" in our halloween display. I live near a Goodwill and looked through their halloween costumes and found this. I used burlap to quick stitch together is hood. I finished him 2 days before Halloween, and had him patiently sitting on a pumpkin. This year I'm going to give him a wire skeleton frame so he can stand, make his sucker, and get rid of those damn shoes! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.