Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't music as much as it is sound effects.

Three years ago I created a piece of software that would play random sound effects endlessly until you stop the program. I used it for my own haunt and for the past three Halloweens it has worked perfectly. In fact, it's the one thing about my haunts that I didn't have any complaints about.

It is set up for my own particular haunt, but it can be customized (there is a readme file that should walk you through it). My haunt uses two speakers; a large one on the right (where all of the thunder gets panned to) and a smaller one to the left by the door. If that doesn't work for you, you can easily tweak with each and every one of the sounds. Also, there is a convenient little "Reverse Stereo" checkbox which will simply flip the pan settings, so sounds that would normally go to the right would go to the left, and so on.

The download is about 50 MB. That's about 1 MB for the program, and 49 MB of mp3s.

It is available at the following address:
http://www.trentdavis.net/files/SoundMachineSetup.exe

I am currently working on a new version that will incorporate surround sound, allowing you to pan the settings across 5 different speakers.

Let me know what you guys think. There was another post asking what people listen to when they are building props. Well, this is it for me. I just fire up my Halloween Sound Machine and listen away.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Thank you trent for sharing, can never have enough good halloween music or sound effects.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is great. All the sounds you want and more. There is no CD that has anything close to what this program can do. You did a great job.

What I would say as a suggestion is to maybe upgrade the sound clips. Maybe post a link to add more sound clips would be cool. Other then that nothing I can think of.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I love this...the only recommendation I can make is to make better batch file operations to add files to playlist or to edit playlist or to delete files...dealing with single files is a little tedious...other than that this program is Awesome!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm making a new version (probably) for this year's haunt, but I doubt if it will be ready until the 31st, leaving no time for testing.

I plan on incorporating a lot of the ideas I read about here into yet another version. When I come up with a design doc for it, I'll share it with this forum and hopefully get even more feedback. I'll also be looking for beta testers sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i downloaded the program a while ago and just started playing with it today. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SOFTWARE !!!!! this is good stuff , i have it running with my other scare stuff in windows media player , i have speakers on opposite ends of my house and the way the program switches channels is a great effect, anyhoo thx for sharing the great program. as far as improvments,-- a more user friendly control panel would help, grouping familiar sounds together and allowing removal of more than one sound at a time.,, you planning on selling the program eventually?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts