Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently dealt with Trendy Halloween on an order and thought I should put a review up. I placed an order recently for the lunging graveyard dolly, along with several other smaller items. When I received the package, the doll was malfunctioning, running continuously rather than when triggered and without lights or sound. Note that I don't hold the fact that the item was faulty against Trendy Halloween; they're merely a distributor, and I think you take your chances buying this chinese made stuff to begin with. I had to return the first two jumping spiders I bought to Spirit before I got a working one. What was impressive, however, was the professionalism with which they handled the return. I called (about 20 minutes after their supposed call hours end), and was immediately connected to a live person. They issued a paid return label the next day. At each point in the process - when they received my returned item, when it was processed, when the replacement was sent out, and so on - they both emailed and called me. I talked to a guy who personally tested my replacement before it went out, to make sure I wouldn't have to go through the return process a second time. At no point did I feel like the onus was on me to move the return to the next phase, which is my biggest pet peeve with online returns. Everything was handled very well.

Secondly, I have to comment on their prices. While they don't carry a huge selection, for what they have, they typically offer the lowest price. MSRP on the doll I bought was $110, I bought it for $65 (though it looks like its since gone up to $80). I used the 15% off coupon they give you when you sign up for the newsletter. And the discounts stack also - they offer free shipping on orders over $75, my order was around $80, I brought it under $75 with the 15% off coupon, but they still honored the free shipping, and in the package they included a couple coupons for 10% off.

Anyway, I'm not usually one to rave, especially over a merchant, but I was very impressed with their prices and their customer service. I believe Trendy Halloween is a newer site - I saw an inquiry somewhere on this forum if people had had dealings with them - so I thought I'd write up my experience. I will definitely be ordering from them in the future.

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
I just purchased a large order from Trendy Halloween: Voodoo Man Hanging Prop, Life-Sized Skeeves the Butler Animated prop,
Jute rolls (4), Leather Gloves, Skull Stringer (5). Was happy with everything except the skull stringer, which had no description, but looking at pics looked 3 dimensional (they're flat printed on paper).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just purchased a large order from Trendy Halloween: Voodoo Man Hanging Prop, Life-Sized Skeeves the Butler Animated prop,
Jute rolls (4), Leather Gloves, Skull Stringer (5). Was happy with everything except the skull stringer, which had no description, but looking at pics looked 3 dimensional (they're flat printed on paper).
Oh noes! Would you mind messaging me either your order number or the link to the product? Really sorry about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts