Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a moderately sized tree in our yard, and I've been trying to think of ways to incorporate it into this year's decorating. We've tried other things, such as those cheesy plastic ghost things that hang from the branches, a motion-triggered bat that managed to terrify my mother but no one else, and lights. All of them seemed to take away from our otherwise creepy yard.

We just decorate our front yard up, no big haunted house (unfortunately). The kids call it the "spook house". :)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to decorate it?

(First post here. Yay!)

·
Registered
284 Posts
My suggestion would be to either buy or make one of those creepy tree faces and hit it with some dramatic lighting. Maybe green and red from below and to opposite sides of the face.

Alternatively, just casting the right light(s) on it from the right angle(s) could be a good accent.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I saw a simple, but creepy effect recently. The homeowner simply bought a bunch of those rubber bats that hang upside-down, and hung them all over the tree. All in all he had about 30 of them I'd guess, which would add up financially, but if you bought just a few and put them on the lower branches, then made some sort of easy prop for the higher branches, the effect would be the same. Anything of a similar size and shape would do the trick.

I've always seen those bats and never paid much attention to them - but seeing that many in one tree was actually surprisingly impressive.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
We used to have a tree that was about 12 feet high and would get up to the top with ladders and use lots of webbing to stretch all the way down so the whole tree was covered. Then red or green lights in the tree shining up would give an interesting efect on the different areas of webbing. Some are straight tight lines and other areas would be thin screen like areas. Now add lots of rubber spiders, snakes, bats and other creepy crawlies and it was great. People wouldn't notice the things in the web until they got up close. Just my 2 cents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts