Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of treats do you supply?

The last couple years I have been giving out small treat bags with a couple candy bars and miscellaneous sugary horrors. And of course, I decorate all the bags too... lol
I used to give out cans of pop, but I remember what a b*tch they were to haul around all night... though I loved getting them.

Anyone know a cheap supplier of full-size candy bars? Preferably in Canada? I checked Costco, and they seem kinda pricey...

·
Registered
4 Posts
We had over 800 kids come through our sub last year, so we give away pieces out in ones and twos. Mostly the grab bag type of penny candies. We save good stuff for our kids friends, and rocks for tweens who don't dress up.

·
Registered
814 Posts
We had over 800 kids come through our sub last year, so we give away pieces out in ones and twos. Mostly the grab bag type of penny candies. We save good stuff for our kids friends, and rocks for tweens who don't dress up.
800 KIDS?!??!

I'd pass out :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
GIving out cans of pop. I've found full-size chcolate bars on sale a couple of years (one year 3 Mustketeers another year Skor, Cookies'n'Cream and OhHenry) four for a dollar, so we gave those out those years. We get around 300 kids every year, so 25 or 30 cents is my per-kid limit...which means that usually cans of pop give the most bang for our buck. One year we gave out Yoy-Balls and they were a HUGE hit. We only paid 25 cents a piece though, since we bought in bulk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
800 KIDS?!??!

I'd pass out :D
Yes, it's a bit crazy. We live in a city that turns into wide open and farming areas rather quickly. All the kids from the surrounding areas come to our sub. The police come to keep things in order. Having a few beers or a vat of spiced rum and apple cider helps out. We love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
normally when stores start putting out candy for halloween i pick up a 10lb bag everytime im out... plus i go to target at least 2 or 3 times a week. so i have around 70lbs of candy right now. last year i had around 50lbs and i thought i was doing good. but no i ran out. i was scrambling to find stuff to give out.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
well i had about 800 kids too halloween night alone last year not counting the visitors the weekend before so i do not make bags anymore dont have time and by the time i am done with decorations i do not feel like making bags anyway lol....

this year we got lollipops regular ones , some with gum inside and some other kind , lollipops rings , candy bracelets , bubble gum , little rolls of candy , skullbones , chocolate lollies , fruit candy and maynards soft jelly candy ....i will give about 2 things per trick treaters , oh and for the very small tots like the no teeth ones i buy cheese sticks(puffs) bags .......

and since i have the 2 kindergarden classes from my 5 year old daugther school coming this year i got them a special treat a large tube with jelly beans inside and a plastic witch , dracula or frankenstein on top and for them i made a bag each filled with lolly , gum , jelly thing , yogurt soft candy , fruit candy , chocolate lolly .

·
Registered
254 Posts
DH remembered we got 456 kids last year. Since it is on a Friday this year, we picked up 500 big size candy bars. Only averages out to .40 cents a bar, so not bad. We promised the kids we would NOT steal their candy this year if we run out.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
We give out fun size bars. We normally get 500(+) kids so this works out for us .

·
Registered
814 Posts
I usually like to mix the good stuff around. Not as generous as some of you (no large candy bars) but the good stuff. No suckers or candy corn nonsense *jumps behind decorations armed with a Reece's Pieces ready for the candy corn counter attack*

Mostly nestle, mounds, the good stuff but the smaller ones.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I get around 150 ToT'ers so I give the full size candy bars when I can find a good deal. Usually someone has them 4/$1 around this time but so far i've only seen 3/$1 so i'm still holding out, but i an buy the 8 pack fun size peanut butter cups for $1 which is the same as 4/$1 but I want some variety and although it's the same the kids wont see it as the same lol. I do buy stuff in case I run out of full size. I found single pack lick'm aids for 10 cents each so bought those. 3ft Superopes for 39 cents at Walgreens so bought a bunch to give to really good costumes.

Most places are selling the fun size bags 2/$4 and I normally can get the 8 in a pack fun size pack for $1. So I was curious how the bag compared to the 8 pack and guess what you get less in the bag than two 8 packs for the same price. There was only 14 in the bag compared to the 16 getting two 8 packs.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I have not even thought about what I'm buying this year....all I know is that last year we ran out of candy & we give the fresh made bag of popcorn along with the candy treat, anyways we ran out last year cause everybody in this house kept sneaking pieces of this candy....now ya know we have a whole commercial kitchen full of all kinds of chocolates for our business......truffles, several varieties, caramels, caramel nougats, turtles, almond bark & oreo mint bark, coconut cream bon bons, peanut butter bon bons, nut clusters, pretzel sticks covered in caramel & chocolate and what do we eat????? Halloween candies....we love'em!!

I love Milk DUDS!!!

Last year after we were all shut down I found a whole huge bag full of all the good candy bars I bought for my tot's....the guys had stashed them for themselves!!! See what happens when you don't have kids who come home with the loot!!! Ya steal & stash candy bought for the kids tot'ing.

So this year that is my last thing to do......I ain't brining any candy home till I'm ready to make the bags!!!lol

the Muffster

1 - 14 of 14 Posts