Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year, I give away a mix of candy, toys and combination goodie bags. Since I pick up toy deals as I find them, there is a wide variety of types and size. Thus, I am always trying to figure out the best way to hand out the very varied treats. This year, I am thinking of filling several bins assigned by age.

Maybe Under 3
3-6
6-11
12 and over

Everything is wrapped to avoid kids picking through and taking an eternity to choose a treat.

However, I have seven LEGO vampires and am thinking of marking those as LEGO in case some kid doesn't like LEGOs or is a complete LEGO fanatic. I will hold some large toys back for the first half hour to give later kids a chance at premium treats. I don't get many young kids after the first hour of our two hour TOT.

What ages do you think I should assign, if at all? The same toy can be in more than one bin.

Here is a pic of some of the larger toys.

TOY COMBO.jpg

·
Registered
229 Posts
i love this idea! i wish people did this when i was a kid, or even now for my kids. so much candy can way over bearing sometimes

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,850 Posts
Everything is wrapped to avoid kids picking through and taking an eternity to choose a treat.
Great idea! That's why I hand out treat bags instead of just giving kids a choice of candy.

Check the age ranges that are on the toys. Like the Lego vampire is "7+" that should give you an idea of what you should label your bins.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nowadays, kids seem to have more food allergies, too.

I was reading the Amazon reviews on the LEGO vampire and it looks like many 7 and 8 year-olds needed a little help, I was never a LEGO kid, so I really don't know much about them, but it seems to be a boy toy, which if why I might label the LEGO sets as LEGO. How old is too old for LEGOs?

And please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think kids play with Play-doh after age six?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Play-dough is usually a young age.
Slime is popular with the pre-teen set.
(Looks at all the Lego displays around her library) but one is never too old for Lego.
What's the dragon?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dragon is a carnival grade stuffed animal. I have different stuffed toys and am not sure where to put those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts