Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a trash can trauma for this halloween my first pneumatic prop ever. Having trouble with speed it has no air flow valves straight air lines but still moving to slow for my taste and ideas on how to speed it up? Also does anybody have any suggestions on how to add sound without buying an expensive control or standing there all night and pushing a button?

·
Registered
354 Posts
If it's too slow, likely you will need to increase the PSI going to the cylinder. Provided of course that all of the hardware can handle an increase in pressure. Like was stated earlier, more information on your specific setup would be useful.

·
Registered
205 Posts
sound

Hi
when i did min last year i used a skull that was a motion sensor prop. so when it pops up it says one of its prerecorded saying.. cheep & effective its up here some wherre hust do a search... i didnt want to post on your page.. well my evil ego did LoL,,

and for the speed. if its not low pressure, do you have a lot of weight on it by any chance or might your cylinder have a resistance spring.. prob not but i figured i would toss those possibilities out..

im home & wasable to find last years post
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/72544-my-new-trash-can-trauma-2008-a.html

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Are you using a single or double acting cylinder? The spring on a single acting could be pushing back down on a trashcan trauma. Dial the PSI up on the compressor. If you are using one prop you don't need a regulator unless your compressor doesn't have one. If that's the case put on on right before the solenoid. If you are using a solenoid.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deadna need a little more info, Like what are you using for the cylinder, its size, type of valve, size of the air line, the PSI your operating at.
I am using a Bimba Dual action, 14" long, 10" stroke, 1/2" bore cylinder. And A MAC 30 to 150 psi Solenoid With 1/4" air line between the two. Then a 3/4" air line conecting prop to 150 psi max Craftsmen air compressor. I can run 150 psi max to every thing but im running a t 100 psi right now. Will ading a reserve tank on line help to speed it up thanks for any help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts