Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All; this will be my 14th year for yard haunts and I have tried almost every configuration for getting that fog to go low.. Last year I did the Trash Can chiller just with ICE and was blown away how well it worked. So I would like to share. I have 2 Visual Effect V-950 Super foggers running into two trash can chillers.

Here is a PDF link on a quicky step by step what I did to build mine.

http://halloween.guntow.com

·
Registered
122 Posts
great info and awesome job, thanks for the "how to".

·
Registered
440 Posts
Jimmersg: Did you make a drain for yours? Just curious as to where the water goes when the ice starts to melt? Is there enough room on the bottom for it to pool? Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drainage

Jimmersg: Did you make a drain for yours? Just curious as to where the water goes when the ice starts to melt? Is there enough room on the bottom for it to pool? Thanks!
Kenpilot; funny my Uncle just ask the same question today after he finished building his. I have not had any issues with drainage yet. I have a slightly slopped front yard and have tubes running the fog were I want it. The Trash can itself is not in the line of TOT trails so no puddles
I Live in North Carolina so it really does not get cold on Halloween and for some reason you compact 50-60lbs of ice together in a trash can and it does not melt as much as you would think.. Shoot I leave the trash cans out until the next morning and dump them out; then when I am all done cleaning up the day after like it never happened all people see that come by and wonder where everything went is two large mounds of ICE :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Kenpilot; funny my Uncle just ask the same question today after he finished building his. I have not had any issues with drainage yet. I have a slightly slopped front yard and have tubes running the fog were I want it. The Trash can itself is not in the line of TOT trails so no puddles
I Live in North Carolina so it really does not get cold on Halloween and for some reason you compact 50-60lbs of ice together in a trash can and it does not melt as much as you would think.. Shoot I leave the trash cans out until the next morning and dump them out; then when I am all done cleaning up the day after like it never happened all people see that come by and wonder where everything went is two large mounds of ICE :)
LOL thats too funny! I wasnt sure if I should add a small water drain at the bottom of the Trash can but if it doesnt melt too fast and pool on the bottom I guess you really dont need one! :) Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts