Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow! I have not been on here for over a year! Looks like things are rolling for everyone. I've seen some yards/homes and things are looking great!

I know, I know...another construction question, but I'm freaking out! I've been doing a haunted yard, The Mangrove Massacre, for 6 years now. I started it my freshman year of high school and now I'm a sophomore in college (Still at home). The people in my neighborhood look forward to our house every year and so do I, so I refuse to let money get in my way. But as we all know, it takes some money to get things going. I'm a college student, remember? We all know what THAT means!

I'm doing this in my back yard, I would like to have at least one covered trail spanning the length of the yard. I don't mind having open aired trails, but enclosed is freaky. In the past I've done this, but it's always been SO HARD to anchor the wood into the yard to keep the covered portion upright (Kentucky has rocky ground) and I don't want hard work to fall down hours before the opening (has happened before).

How do I keep the cost down, but still maintain a quality production? ANY IDEAS HELP!

*EDIT* Wrong area for this thread, sorry!!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
it'd be cool if you could make a trail out of webs. Im not sure what you'd have to use to get through the Kentucky ground, but if you wanted an enclosed trail you could use those stringy cotton like webs so the trail is kind of enclosed but you can still see out at the rest of the yard you decorated

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Milez, try ripping or putting holes in what your covering the trail with. This will lessen any wind drag and help make the covering a bit sturdier. You could even use Junit's idea of a web covered trail. Where you'd have the web you wouldn't need a covering. Use colored lights or strobes to light the webbing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts