Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I usually haunt the "props" section, but now I find myself scurrying to throw together a ghost costume. I want to be a "gentleman ghost" from the late 1800's in formal clothes (top hat and all).

My dilema is that I'm hoping to throw this together with whatever I can find and on a short budget. I've checked the local thrift stores with no luck. Is there anywhere else I'm missing as a possible source?

Does anyone have any photos they can post of similar costumes that I can use for inspiration?

Another option is store bought of course, something along the lines of these:

View attachment 2480

00444414.zoom.jpg

View attachment 2482

Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So further to the above plea for help (hehe), I was wondering if anyone has tried spraying their own 'ghost' costume with the UV Hairspray or similar to achieve a glowing ghost effect under blacklights? If so, any pictures?

This is the 2nd step of my plan. Does it work on darker shades like black or dark grey, or does it require the white background to reflect off of?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again... Sorry for the confusion with the photos. I was hoping to get ideas from anyone who has put together their own Victorian costume. I merely included the photos as a reference. Has anyone done their own "gentleman ghost"? Any photos?

Thanks all and for the record I personally like the first one as well! :O)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Meh, just throw a sheet over your head, but dont forget to cut two holes out so you can see!!LOL

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! Yeah at the rate I'm going that might just be the answer! Hehehe!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts