Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're working on slowly expanding our western themed yard haunt. It has now been named Restless, TX. We built a shack for our resident witch, who controls the poor residents of Restless. She has doomed them to wonder the town forever - their flesh has long rotted away!

We've got more details to add, so be sure to check back. Still working on a sign, bone wind chimes, potions rack and a couple other things.

Here are some build pictures, and well as some setup pictures from today.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
Looks fantastic! Great details and love the lighting!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone!

Just thought I'd add some more pictures of the whole setup. We were going to build a rocking witch prop for the rocking chair, but ran out of time and motivation. So we'll have a skeleton witch filling in.

And, here is one of our cat hanging out with her new buddies...

·
Registered
464 Posts
What a way cool theme - I really like it. Looks like to me that saddle tramp took to long getting the trail dust off him so he could be with the pretty lady !

Your cat seems to be tolerating its friends as well :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
That third cat is so lifelike! You must have been running low on black paint, though; there's some white patches showing through. ;)

...oh yeah. And the rest of your haunt is A-FLIPPING-MAZING!! love it! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love it. How did you get the wood to look old? Did you use the vinegar and steel wool method or just stain? If stain, what color?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since this post was from last year, just thought I'd put up a couple pics of the shack from this year...

We built a back for it and setup a scene inside. It looks pretty cool at night - we have a green fire and ice spotlight setup inside. Don't have any night pics yet though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
19 Participants
Jenn&MattFromPA
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing