Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-
Does anyone do a touch room in there haunt? It's wear you take a series of things put them in a dark room and make people walk around passing by and touching them. The trick is to have limited lighting. Like a flash going off. I want to make one this year but I can't think of any real good things to make. I want it to be low budget since you won't really be seeing alot of the stuff. So far I have thought about using trees. The trunk of the trees will be made from larg cardboard tube, layers of squishy matteress foam stuff and spiders will be dangiling from the branches.

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
When I went to a haunt in Virginia in 2006, you walked into a crypt, and it was completely dark, so you had to feel along the walls to walk around. They warned us about an insect problem, who like to feed on the rotting corpses. The walls were covered in, what felt like, fluid filled bubbles, acting as the bugs, and the floor had some kind of material that when you stepped on it, it crunched, like you were stepping on bugs. It was very psychologically freaky. I imagine they used something like this on the floors:
Critter Crunch

They also have this: Critter Squish

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Dark Gardner- Your tree is amazing. Is there a How To for that?

Niteride- I think I might order some of that stuff. Thanks for the link

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hang lots of pieces of fishing line from the ceiling. It will creep people out as their hair and skin brush against. it.

Cook up a pot of some kind of real thick pasta. Move it off the heat and let it just soak for a while, it will get quite bloated. Drain then plop in into a mold for some nice brainlike textured squishyness.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
You could put the occassional corpse among the trees, or a hangman whose legs they can bump into...

Dark gardener - awesome tree!

·
Registered
44 Posts
A touch room could be effective but check with your local fire marshal to see what will pass. I have to hold a lighter to everything in my haunt for 10 seconds and if it goes up I have to take it down.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A touch room could be effective but check with your local fire marshal to see what will pass. I have to hold a lighter to everything in my haunt for 10 seconds and if it goes up I have to take it down.

The rooms are built outside of pvc frame and black sheeting/fabric for the walls so it's not actually electrical or fire hazzardess. Seems weird but once things get going I'll post pictures and you can see what I mean.

Thanks for the great ideas everyone. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts