Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You get a creative idea. You are given some things that will help to make your idea happen. You already have the tools and "smarts" to put it together. You spend some money, you finish it, install it. It works just as you envisioned it, customers are pleased seeing it work, some a bit awestruck. Then you hire a person to lead tours and they have to push "The Button" to make it work, since it is hidden behind a solid fence.
After a busy night you are told "They" didn't want to push the button, so" they" didn't, because it is too noisy!
(How much jail time would I get for just swinging my boot against someone's stupid butt?)
The device isn't really very noisy and it all happens outdoors, in the woods.
So many people greet me with:"Are you getting ready for the season?'"
Sometimes I will tell them, the biggest problem with "the Season" seems to arrive with the hired help, (Or might that "Hired Help-less?")
"GGGRRRR!

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Good help is hard to find and it seems to apply in your case. Sorry about your situation, and I can understand your frustration completely. After all that work to not even have your prop go off is horrible. Bad enough when it fails and doesn't work during halloween but just because someone is too lazy or whatever takes the cake. Maybe you need to handout those ear plugs that muffle the sound for those helpers with sensitive ears. Maybe with the prop and all the kids screaming it's too much for someone but kind of in the wrong job then. So protect their hearing and offer the plugs. It does muffle sound so that would be my suggestion. I sometimes use them at very loud movies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts