Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the same dilemma every year... Should we Trick or Treat or stay home and hand out candy. We have been trying to do both - ToT early and then come home. But I was wondering what other haunters do. The kids don't complain too much because they don't get that much candy except for this season. And they have been contributing more to the decorations and get a kick out of when other kids are too scared to come to the door. :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can't say that I have ever been in that delima before. We are always home for the ToT's and go out later, 9-10pm. We have our big bash either a week or couple of days before the 31st. Our kids are of the furry kind, so they don't dress up or like ToT's.

But if that split shift works for everybody I would keep it. Maybe one adult stays home for ToT's and the other takes the kids out for awhile.

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
I stay home, my oldest stay with me (now 10). Our second (7) KINDA wants to stay home, but wants to ToT. So, my wife takes the 2 youngest ToT, me and Kyle haunt the house.

Soon, it will be 4 of us home haunting, and my wife throwing a party inside. (Her family always gets together on Halloween, but her grandmother is getting to a point she can't do that much longer)

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
We had that problem as well (until this year, my daughter wants to stay and scare people..she's 12) anyway I figured these years are fast and furious. They'll spend most of their lives not trick or treating so why not go and let her have her fun. Now that she's into staying home and setting up and scaring people it's something new to look forward to. I'll always treasure those years going out with her though. Her first year as a cow, her next year as a bunny, last year a geisha, the year before that a goth chick. Those 80 pound bags we had to lug around because she got extra candy and treats for singing or telling a joke (none of the other kids did it). Seeing all the people dressed up on our street out and about with their kids. I'm almost wishing she would want to go out one last time this year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
we leave an adult at home and the other goes with the child ToTing. It only takes 20-30 minutes to get around the area because we dont go too far so I dont miss much back at the house.

at nearly 9 (she is nearly 9.. I'm nearly 30..) I'm getting to the point I can trust my little ToTer to stay with her friends and let them all go without present adult supervision (Ah, the wonders of the mobile phone)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts