Halloween Forum banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just moved in with my cousin and her husband to a MUCH larger city but surprisingly, we got NO ToTers! Not a single one! It could have been cause we were new to the neighborhood, the lack of decorations cause we didn't have time to put any up, the weather, the city changing TOT to 3-5pm on Saturday instead of Halloween, but mostly I think it's because there were NO ToTers on our entire street! Which is odd cause we live in a pretty big suburb and I saw a few groups going around the other streets, quite a few houses on our street decorated too but it seems like not a single house on our street got anyone! It was me and my cousins first time living in a place where we could give out candy and we were SO EXCITED! Now, we have 3 large bags of candy to ourselves. Oh well, at least we bought the good stuff!

·
Registered
296 Posts
We had 500 and then had to shut down the display because we ran out (it was about 9pm)...i even barricaded off my walkway with caution tape and a big out of candy sign and the kids kept trying to come through 🤷🏻‍♀️
but we were super happy because we were in the middle of a huge wildfire/evacuation all week and the evacuations got lifted only the day before Halloween...i figured Halloween would basically just be cancelled...but the day was nice, the air was clear of smoke and people came out in droves!!! It was awesome 💕

·
Registered
12 Posts
We had approximately 300 TOTs. We started watching weather about 2 weeks out. It showed dropping temps and rain on Wednesday and Thursday.
as it got closer we were about ready to throw in the towel. I normally decorate1st or 2nd weekend of October but I had a lot going on so we ended up decorating the weekend before. Sure enough it poured rain Wednesday but the weather showed potential clearing around 630 PM on Thursday. Sure enough, the rain stopped but then the wind kicked up. Fog machines were useless.The TOTs typically start coming through around 5 pm but this year they did not start until closer to 615.
temps were in the 50s but then dropped as the night went on. I ended up having to stake my tombstones in and stake a couple of the larger animatronics to keep them from getting blown over.
this year was down (previous years are closer to 450). Not many people decorate in my neighborhood but people drive from around town to come to our haunt. Just good fun scaring the kids and parents!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had the best in 7 years we have lived in this neighborhood! We never get huge numbers 10 - 15 on average but this year I guessing 20+. More importantly, many more families. Our previous neighborhood we got hundreds! Churches brought van loads of kids into the neighborhood. Not because of great decorations but it was a good neighborhood to score for the kids. Kind of go old after a few years. We would purchase 10 or so bags of candies and when they were gone, ususally around 7:00 PM, the lights went off and we went upstairs and watched movies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You guys get to depress me now.

I had 1

ONE

UNO

OOOONNNNNEEEEUH

We had 30-40. To get more people interested in ours and to get more TOTs out in general I started a Facebook page for local people who are Halloween enthusiasts. I tell everyone to show off their yards, how long they will be up and running, local Halloween fundraising, Halloween memes/pics/videos, etc. We usually got 4-6, it jumped to 40 last year after I started the page.

·
Grand WaZoo
841 Posts
We had a grand total of two tot's before hell unleashed its fury with heavy rains and tornado warnings! It was a far cry from years ago when we had to many to count and the police directing traffic while the local television news would be interviewing and filming. Ah those were the days but time ticks on and everything changes, or should I say everything dies! :eek: LOL!

For those who spent countless hours on their haunt to only see it wash away with the bad weather that some of us had my condolences. Though if I can give one bit of advice after many years of running a yard haunt its this, plan and build on the expectation that weather will be terrible and to with stand rain, wind, or burrr snow!

For those of you who took your innocent little tot's to "trunk or treats" may you be cast to hell forever! ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Our best guess was somewhere between 700-800. We went through 12 bags of candy and had a 20 minute line for most of the night. This is roughly 2x what we normally get. I did have 2 of my staff passing out fliers all over town, so I'm sure that helped a lot. Even after we closed, we still had stragglers showing up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We didn't count, but I would guess about 50-75. Buuuuuuut...

I hadn't taken down the Halloween decorations yet, and we just had kids come by that saw my wife outside. They asked her if she had candy since we still had decorations up. Well, we did. So we just got the last trick or treaters of 2019 at 7:05 PM on November 5th.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, by the number of candy I gave out, and I gave out 1 piece per TOT (cause i learned my lesson) approximately 600. My block decorates for the occassion and the home at the end of the block has a haunted house kids walk through. Also, living in Florida, the only weather issue is the heat index. Our block is pretty well known. I'm lucky our block gets into the spirit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I only had 1 because I told her grandmother to bring her by before they went to the "other" subdivision.
15 years ago we were THE subdivision and would run out of candy. My displays have gotten much better over the years but there's always a new better place the ToTs want to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We had 428 this year. Would have been more, but we closed early because of the weather. The wind picked up around 8-15 and threatened to launch a number of airblowns, despite them being well tethered.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You guys get to depress me now.

I had 1

ONE

UNO

OOOONNNNNEEEEUH
The first year we lived in our first new house, on a semi busy street, I was so excited to have my first Halloween and trick or treaters I bought lots of candy and had No trick or treaters. I was pregnant too. Guess whi ate most of the candy. I gained 60lbs for a 6 lb baby. I feel your pain. 😕

81 - 100 of 127 Posts