Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Surprisingly we got 262 TOTs tonight. I figured with temps being around 20*, with a slight wind making it feel even colder, and about 6" of snow still on the ground we would be lucky to maybe get a couple of dozen.

I was too busy helping TOTs figure out how to get in and out of the stockade I made I was not able to take pics. of some of the different TOTs and hubby forgot to. The stockade was a huge hit with the TOTs and their parents. They all enjoyed being able to get their pics taken while locked in the stocks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
We saw 30+, which considering I thought the night was going to be a total washout, left me exhilarated. We have only ever gotten upwards of forty, so it really did feel like a Halloween miracle.

I'm sorry you only got one ToT, Lilibat. Frankly, our first showed up while it was still daylight, and I was good with that even if we hadn't gotten any more. 🦇

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had about... 20. And they were intrepid little souls bundled up braving some fridgid conditions. It stopped snowing/sleeting early this morning, but was hovering at freezing and there was a nasty windchill. Everything was glazed with ice that was melting and refreezing. First Halloween I've ever had to salt my stairs and walkway for Trick or Treaters to err on the side of caution.

I wasn't able to do Halloween in 2018, and my peak year was 2017: I lost count at 70.
That was an absolutely perfect evening.

But, as freezing cold as it was, it warmed my heart to know that the neighborhood kids have officially named my place "The Witch's House". Apparently, that's the term they use for the other 364 days of the year, too.
( let's just say goals have been met lol )

All the kids were so happy that "The Witch's House" was back this year. Some kids were so itty bitty two holidays ago I was floored they remembered me (the witch). I guess I made an impression or imprinted, because some were just barely toddlers. It's sort of bittersweet because I'm planning on relocating, so this is presumably my last year here ...and the weather was just abysmal.

But, I'm glad I pushed through the icey rain/sleet/snow/ high winds and 20 degree windchill to finish decorating outside. The Trick or Treaters that put on their parkas and came out, saw my best yard yet. And they loved it, which is all that really matters.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We had about 190 compared to 140 last year. It was cold for here so the night ended a little earlier than usual. However, after two days of high winds we had no wind tonight and the fog machine and chiller were a huge hit!!!

We have way too much candy left over though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
About 120 (plus parents) which is about same as last year.
Was sort of expecting more as I'd advertised it a bit more this year, but sort of glad there wasn't as we had a new thing which only 2 or 3 TOTs at a time could see.

The thing will be revealed in a new thread in a day or two. We are repeating the show this Saturday and this time I plan to take photos and videos of the haunt.

·
Registered
64 Posts
75 here, which was a big jump from last year. And it was 35 and windy. In Alabama. But it was a blast, hate the wind was so high so it basically just blew my fog up the side of the house. But everyone seemed to really enjoy it, and lots of "you guys are the best in the neighborhood" comments, which I take as a HUGE compliment, since the local news actually ran a news story on the guy down the street and his display.

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
I'd say we had probably around 50-ish which is about normal for me now. Usually we track by candy handed out, but 2 problems with that: Not everyone takes candy & we totally let kids take more than one piece this year because we had waaayyy too much. The weather held which was nice, because they were calling for severe storms. We still had some winds and it rained earlier so I didn't bother with any animatronics or foggers this year. Still, the yard got good reviews from all the visited.

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
75 here, which was a big jump from last year. And it was 35 and windy. In Alabama. But it was a blast, hate the wind was so high so it basically just blew my fog up the side of the house. But everyone seemed to really enjoy it, and lots of "you guys are the best in the neighborhood" comments, which I take as a HUGE compliment, since the local news actually ran a news story on the guy down the street and his display.
We have another cemetery yard across town that started a few years after us, but they advertise heavily on Facebook and have signs all around town. People still say our yard is the best, which is kinda surprising since mine isn't quite up to their level despite me having been at it for longer. I think the fact that we try to make it interactive and the whole house is decorated (windows and all) goes a long way. They have a really great set up in their yard, but it's just the yard. I also suspect that it's neighborhood pride too since my house is the only one in our section that does anything big.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts