Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
We had around 120 give or take a few. I had 300 candy bars so I will be taking them into work. Everyone love a snickers right lol!
It was very cold and drizzling so the turn out was better than I thought it would be. I got almost everything set up in one day and hubby helped finish when he got out of work. One fog machine stopped working so that was the only snafu of the whole night. Everyone loved the set up. Had people driving by and telling us how good it looked. I even had one mom stand in front of me and bend down (I was sitting as I have pneumonia and I was not going to miss this day!) and tell me that I was "Really really cool to do all this". I was very happy...hubby is the builder but he even came out in a mask and sat with me.

All in all..it was a great night!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Based on candy count, we had over 1,800 in three hours, or about 1 every 6 seconds, until we ran out of candy. That was 2 hours ago and they're still ringing the bell.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The count tonight was 2021 that came through the yard. Over 3000 pieces of candy and 1000 pencils- most of the candy is gone. Weather was gorgous here in NW Florida. Lots of good comments on the yard and that is always nice to hear after spending so much time and money on one night of fun but well worth it. Now to start planning for next year and gather the lesons learned from this year. Start working on setup earlier.

·
Registered
349 Posts
We had 60-65 kids that got treat bags and 20-25 grownups that got full-size Snickers (probably 10-15 adults that didn't take anything). Good numbers for us since we're not on the main TOT street. It was just us and one other house on the street that were clearly decorated for Halloween. Temps were mild with occasional rain. Everyone loved the display, especially the magic mirror.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
We had just under 500. Last year, we ran out of candy at 500 so this year we were prepared for more. I just wish more of my neighbors would participate but so many houses were dark this year. All in all, it was still a good time and I'm sad it's over.

·
Registered
254 Posts
700... And had to turn off the porch light at 8:30 pm (like THAT does anything, because they still rang the bell)....even emptied out the snack cupboard. Wondering what I am going to send the kids to school with for lunch tomorrow?? ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
we had about 30 kids, this is improvement from last year when we had 10. We live in a very family freindly neighborhood but we are on a cul-de-sac so not a lot of kids come down.

victoria has had nothing but heavy rain for the last 2 weeks. Most people were unsure if they would even be able to go out. It suddenly stopped around 3pm, ran home an desperatly put up my yard. Turned into the coolest night for halloween....slight fog, full moon and slight wisp of cloud in front of the moon. Was very cool.

·
Registered
536 Posts
We had about 90 this year. Last year we had about 80, so we're steadily growing. They started coming early this year, around 5, and then we had a long gap with nobody coming at all. Just when I was about to say "Forget it," and call it a night, they started showing up. So it turned out to be a fun time after all. :)

I'm hoping to do a big display next year that will draw in more ToT's and drive-by onlookers. That should work pretty well since nobody in our community really does a full-blown yard haunt or display aside from lights, pumpkins, and a few decorations in the yard. I'm hoping that doing a larger project will arouse some of the neighbors' interest and possibly get a few more displays going on here too.

·
Registered
449 Posts
We had probably around 550 here, up from 440 last year. Had to make an emergency candy run. Overall great night - until someone drove by and egged some of our neighbors. But that's a different story.

·
Registered
7 Posts
TOT started early guess because of school night. 1st 2 kids came around 5:30. total was around 70 or 80. This was the 1st year of my haunt got a lot of great comments on yard. Many parents ask if they could go in the yard and take pictures of kids next to the cauldron and skeletons. One mother ask if she could get a picture of her child in the old coffin. I explained that there were lights and a skeleton in the coffin and was no room for a child. Which gave me a idea next year I will build a set something like a skeleton setting on old bench with top hat just for the kids to take a picture with. This was a Great year and all the hard work paid off. I really got blast watching the kids and parents enjoying the yard. But the best comment came from a little girl around 6 or 7 and she said Mister your yard is awesome will you come a decorate my yard next year.

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
We had a rainy Halloween here in Northern California. At last count we had 160+ ToT's, so I am very happy with the turn out we got!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
275...bout the same as last year....sure seemed like a lot more because a lot of kids kept coming back through the haunt...I swear one lil cowboy went thru over 20 times.

I didn't count the last three ToTs because they should up at 11:30....no, they weren't teenagers, it was a dad who pulled up in a van and three elementary school kids jumped out...

·
Registered
3 Posts
We gave out 50 glow necklaces and we estimated about another 30 or so younger kids who showed up before it was dark enough to give out the necklaces. Mix in about 40 more boys who wanted extra candy more than a glow necklace and there is our count... Probably 120 in our Avon, Indiana neighborhood.

We did not have a lot of teenagers this year and we are okay with that. The ToTs were all done by about 8:10. We stayed out until about 08:30 before we decided it was over.

It was cold about 45 degrees and very windy.... So... the fog machines just were not very effective this year :-(

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,117 Posts
Ok some of you guys 1,800??? Really??? Wow. Do you stand there with a clicker? OMG that is alot.
Well we had an amazing 15-20 kids (?)(but who's counting?lol) which is tremendous for me who has very little usually. The night was perfect for us, never been this cool and unmuggy for 10 years! The moon was full, it was @ 70 degrees by night time. I was at a party with my 2 younger kids and my hubby and older son called as we were leaving to bring more candy! I only bought 1 bag!
The groups of kids we got drove up with parents in golfcarts! Thats Florida for ya!
I agree with alot of you, my lighting and whole set up was better and it was out 2 weeks before Halloween.

Attachments

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
I'm thinking we topped last year - over 400. But won't know until I count up the 3D glasses that weren't given out (that's how I keep track). Great night! We started like gangbusters right at 6pm and stayed busy all the way to 9:30pm. At around 8pm the line for the haunt went down our long driveway and out in the street:

·
Registered
91 Posts
5 was all I got. I had a couple cars pull up then drive away. Next year I will not use the black light bulb in my porch light! I just didn't see many kids walking around though. I think the cold windy weather is mostly to blame and after dark I got not one kid. One kid was afraid to come up by himself, so I met he and his dad halfway on the sidewalk. I had to get rid of that candy somehow! And the finger shaped bubble things were a hit-at least with my tiny amount of kids.

61 - 80 of 169 Posts