Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Last year we had about 50 before I went for the big decorations. This year we blew through the 60 treat bags my wife made. The 100 back-up candy bars and had to get two more 50 count bags so it looks like we are in the 250 range. You can see the house from the major cross street and I think we attracted quite a few kids. Also I heard a couple of kids talking about how their friend had told them they had to see this one house.

·
Registered
228 Posts
We had half the amount of TOT as last year. The past few years we had about 110-130 TOT, this year about 60. I'm in the mid-hudson valley section of New York. After the hurricane rolled through it got pretty cold, only upper 40's today but the wind has died down drastically, only a very slight breeze.
I actually heard someone say today they should do away with "this stupid Holiday anyway. Why do we even still have it; nobody cares". :p I have read and heard many comments like that lately. Hopefully it never happens but if some folks got their way we would never celebrate Halloween again. :(

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
As of 7:24 on the Wet Coast (Vancouver), 40 TOT's, and an unexpected bonus - a family of Racoons! We tossed them some candy bars, they're sticking around. Thus far, a total of 8 DVD's awarded as prizes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
darthrott I agree with your wife I had 300+ and live in a very small town.we had a ball..I had folks taking pictures of their kids in front of my props. First time I ever did a big display..I was so glad the wind finally died down..I was so tired of redoing props..putting up ..taking down. Had one witch break her pvc stand.. got ticked and threw her behind the house..lost 2 arms to wind yesterday..never did find them. most of my props went armless. afraid to lose more..

·
Evil Wizard
2,165 Posts
Only had around 15 or so, about the same as last year.

We left the house around 4:30, to take my 2 1/2 year old son to visit my parents and do some TOTing in their neighborhood. (Only after we got there did we find out that their township police dept had rescheduled Halloween for this Saturday, due to many neighborhoods still without electricity. My parents were unaware of this as well.) Before leaving, I had zip-tied a small black plastic cauldron to the handle of our storm door. Didn't think to count how many pieces of candy I put in, but most of it seemed to still be there when we got back around 6:15.

About half of the TOTs were toddlers through maybe 4 years old, and the other half seemed to be "tweens". Did get at least one group of what I assume were teenagers, though I didn't see them. When it was time to give my son his bath and read him some bedtime stories, I hung the cauldron outside again. While reading to him, I heard several voices on the front porch below, having an extended conversation. After my son fell asleep, I went outside to take some photos and bring a few props into the garage. Noticed that all the candy had been emptied from the cauldron, but nothing unexpected. No damage to my props, nor did anything go missing.

All things considered, not a bad Halloween.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
1,992 Posts
I think I got around 50. Pretty good since the 2 houses on each side of me were dark and only 2 on the other side of the street that I could see. We don't have street lights and it was cold & rainy. I did hear 2 little girls saying this was the coolest house and an older boy telling his friend that this was the house he was telling him about. Extra candy for them!!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more than 500!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best night in a long time! Better than the last 3 years for sure! I actually ran out of candy! and we had a llllottt! We put a sign down the main corner and I think it played a part. It came in waves. Was very weird, quiet for 15 minutes, then tons, then quiet for 15 minutes, then tons. We started around 6:00pm and stop at nine. Apart from one stupid thing, at the last kids (I'll make a post about it, as I am shock at what happened.), everything was perfect! The weather, most props work well, we received the best compliments ever. I'll download the pics tomorrow, hope they turn out well. We only did 40% of what we usually due, because of Hurrican Sandy, but we manage to make A FREAKING AMAZING HAUNT! I just pray my pics and vids are good. This been a weird year. Next year, can only be better, I hope.
JM

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,877 Posts
Minimal setup this year, but we still managed around 80 TOTs - not too shabby considering that no one else on our street was handing out candy and we're off the beaten trail so the kids had to come down to find us! :D

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,508 Posts
In spite of a steady and often heavy rain, along with chilly temps, we had close to 325 TOT's. About half of what we normally get but very gratifying! A lot of little ones in cute costumes and some very appreciative parents!

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
We had a markedly low number compared to last year. It had been progressing to more each year but it was backsliding tonight. :( And not by a few, many! So now even after handing out huge fistfuls of candy I have like 20 pounds of it left :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Probably around 100-120. Slower than last year but still pretty good. Lots of good costumes and several too scared to make it to porch, thsnk you werewolf, michsrl myers & 2 zombies!!!!

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
The day was terrible with lots and lots of rain, but it turned out to be a pretty good evening. The rain stopped (for the most part) and it was rather warm out. Ended up getting around 100 people. Certainly not our highest year ever, but not bad for a Wednesday Halloween.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Around 500 to 550. I had 400 giant 22" long pixi stix and I ran out of them in about an hour. 500 LED whistles gone in 1.5 hours. I'll post time lapse video from my security camera tomorrow.

41 - 60 of 169 Posts