Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we live in a downtown neighborhood with a lot of foot traffic. Needless to say we have many,many ToT's for trick or treat so I caved in to my wifes request to make our yard not to scary. Ive been sneaking in a little more gore each night since we shot these last weekend.

·
Registered
391 Posts
This appears very reserved "gory" wise but beautifully done my friend! I would be all over your place while out ToTing trying to look at everything and asking about it all. Great job!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
ok, first - the dogs. How CUTE!!! LOL They look vicious!! LOL

Second, those candlebras - where in the heck did you find THOSE???!?! GORGEOUS!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but is that your natural facade of brown/orange/tan at your roof apex or a scene setter? Looks great and if it is natural, it's amazing how much of a Halloween touch it adds!

Good job!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
First thing I noticed was the paint job on your house. I love the house! Your decorations are great. I love the two "thrones" on your front porch with the candelabras. It just puts ya in the mood! I really got a laugh with your two dogs and that big ole frazzled cat decoration! I wanna Trick or Treat at your house!

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
I also, love the house.

And the setup is awesome too, subtle and not too in your face, gives a nice vibe.

Though i would like to see some updates of what you've added.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Nice! The candelabras are wicked. And I love your labs! I have a black one :) He doesn't like for me dress him up though, any luck with yours?

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
You're doing a great job - keep it up! I will echo what everyone else said about the house. And the porch is just perfect for a great Halloween display. Love the chairs! Will you and your wife sit in them on Halloween night or do you have other plans for them?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone! That is the color of the house. Historically acurate for 1898. It works well for Halloween and X-Mas. I do the gingerbread thing as you can see

As for the dogs...lol, yeah they are killers. They might lick you to death. No way I could ever get them to keep a costume on. The chairs came out of an old Victorian resturaunt that closed and we will dress up and sit in them during trick or treat. I have a killer sound system set up out there so I will be blasting the scary tunes. There is also a thunder and lightning stobe light effect . The coffin has Scream TV playing in a loop. Kids love that thing.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, first - the dogs. How CUTE!!! LOL They look vicious!! LOL

Second, those candlebras - where in the heck did you find THOSE???!?! GORGEOUS!!
Yard sale. I took off the shades and made the candles with flicker lights. Painted and added the skulls. All togther they cost me $17 bucks.:D

G

·
0 Posts
I love the look of that. :) your spider webs look fantastic. Mine always seem to look like what they are- packaged spider webs. :)
And your dogs are adorable- got one just like it. :)

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Your house is a holiday lover's dream! Spook it out, sweeten it up - it all works!
That's the problem with my house; no matter what you do to a 1960's ranch, it still looks like a 1960's ranch!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is that hanging skelly the same one Jeff Dunham used to make Ahmed the Undead terrorist? Looks like it.

Anyway, your house looks amazing! Well jealous.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your house is a holiday lover's dream! Spook it out, sweeten it up - it all works!
That's the problem with my house; no matter what you do to a 1960's ranch, it still looks like a 1960's ranch!
Yes it is Leota, having a covered front porch is a bonus. With all of the talented people on here I'm sure there is a way to come up with great things for any house, including a rancher.

I may as well show you my 4th set up too. Thanks for indulging me :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts