·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Your slide show is enchanting. I was wondering how you made the rum coming out of the bottle. It was very effective day and night. Spectacular job overall.

·
Scaring kids everywhere!
3,702 Posts
Oh MM, that was just beyond words! You did a fantastic job!!!! There was just soooo much eye candy that I hardly know where to begin. I just loved the skelli dog with the keys (very clever) I really enjoyed the skelli wench holding out the cup, and I adored the wine drinking skelli. Your lighting was steller too. You did GREAT job! Your son and friends had to be over the moon, and as one of your party goers said... "It looks like something at Disney!"
Way to go gf!!!!!! :D

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got this great idea I believe it was from Halloween Lady...she did it with a tea pot pouring tea..its foil, with red clear wrap (dollar store) and I drilled small hole in the bottle and just made long enough to go in the mouth. At night with lighting it really sparkled. Easy peasy ...

Your slide show is enchanting. I was wondering how you made the rum coming out of the bottle. It was very effective day and night. Spectacular job overall.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,612 Posts
Wow! That was just so much fun to watch! Love your attention to detail and the whimsical feel of the whole thing. I can see why people are drawn to the pirate theme and you do it up right, MM!

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone - it was so much fun. Some words about the party:

I had one my sons friend tell me " this looks like a disney ride !" I was gushing. Best complement of the evening.

Dont try to play walk the plank trivia with over 50 people and near a pool. I tried making teams to limit the amount of plank walking and just standing around, but I lost my voice reading the trivia questions my bff had to step in and read them!- I got some of the questions from the app riddle me this....some were pretty raunchy but had totally rated G answer. It was a riot. I also asked trivia about things in the house - who was madd jack on the wanted poster, what was the name of the pirate in the entryway near the dog with keys in his mouth in that huge picture? (do you guy know? the pic is posted on this thread)

The" find the key to the treasure chest" was a hit. One of members here told me get a chest, fill with sand and lots of keys - one of which opens the another chest which leads to the prize - a tervis cup was the prize. Well, everyone tried their key, and no one had it. So everyone was cracking jokes to where the key was one kid yelled its still in the sand! They all ran out there to look again - even adults did too (they know I give out good prizes!). It looked like a feeding frenzy looking for the key and littlest boy of the party found it and got the Tervis cup!! If anyone plays this, dont show anyone the lock until its time to unlock the chest...everyone kept looking around to see what of lock it might be was so as to get the correct looking key. My posse are slick devils!! I always have to rethink all the angles.....

I literally forgot the 3rd game. Too much rum I guess. :D I remembered the next day I was going to play pumpkin pie's oreo game. Some lucky kids in my neighborhood on Halloween are going to get some huge candy bars if they come to my house to TOT. ;)

My second son was the DJ and did alot of mixing and he got some requests to play at others parties in the future!

My oldest sons friends kept "dropping in" and ate most of the food and stayed till about 1am.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts