Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please pray for me or do what you do.. I might loose it all! If it survives this it should survive anything. It is raining so hard right now and wind blowing here at work that I am cringing looking out the window!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,397 Posts
I don't have anything out yet but it's doing the same thing here, blowing & raining. I hope everyone's stuff stays put!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reminds me of last year. I had to bring everything in before Hurricane Sandy hit Delaware. I took off work on Halloween and spent the entire day setting everything back up. Was well worth the effort. Scared a lot of kids and Mommies last year

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,089 Posts
I hope all your props and decor are safe and sound!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went home for lunch and I lost a few things. My witch blew over and her sculpted face smashed! :( So looks like I will be sculpting tonight.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm about 100 miles north of you. It's raining here pretty steadily, not much wind right now to speak of and as I look outside the tree branches are pretty still. Tornadoes are pretty rare here. I think I've heard it has something to do with all the lakes around us. I looked at weather report and it said it is supposed to clear up and be sunny the rest of the week. That's pretty rare around here too. I think I live in the cloudy capital of the world. Sandy put a huge damper on Halloween last year for us too. I pretty much had to empty out my graveyard. Looking back now it was kind of comical. We kind of did an hourly watch to survey how badly things were moving and one by one almost everything except for a few things and my fence all came down. My fence and a couple of the Terra style tombstones withstood the 60 mile gusts though. Had to spend Halloween day putting everything back so I never set up any of my walk through scenes. I've said it before but wind puts the biggest damper on anything outside for Halloween. Safety when it comes to anything weather related is the most important thing here. We can always replace our stuff although it is frustrating tearing apart all our hard work before it gets destroyed.

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Hope the repairs are minor.

I decided to put out my yard haunt because the long range forecast said zero chance of rain for 10 days (I live in a desert). Of course, this morning...wind warning and chance of rain! The haunt gods are laughing at us right now!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I feel your pain, up in CT we have the same Warnings. I haven't put much out yet, but my GF did take down the Pumpkin screcrow since she was home today. Remember it's just a warning, and from what I read, until 5pm... 2 more hours of nerves left. I hope everything is alright and if a little wind kicked up, that most of your stuff remains in tact, or very easily repairable. Fingers crossed for you neighbor!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The main point above all is the safety for you and your family. New props can be built but keeping safe is priority one.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was in a bad mood after coming home yesterday. A few thing were ruined. Including my witch wihich I started resculpting last night. My Helsa is pretty much toast too. Fixed everything the best I could and should be back in business tomorrow.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
That's what what I posted on my FB page yesterday, 'Extreme holiday decorating is all fun and games... until the tornado warning is issued.' :eek:
We were in the same storm system you were yesterday (south of Scranton, PA). Everything made it through. I am sorry to hear about your witch and Helsa. Hopefully, that will be it for this year. Two years ago we got snowed out. Last year was the Hurricane. Blah!!! LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts