Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Torn between 2 Husky Air Compressors, please help in choosing!

1). Husky 2.0 Running HP 30 Gallon Vertical Compressor - VT6315 at The Home Depot
*It says 26 Gallons, but its actually 30 Gallons*

Pluses: Portable, Standard 120 Volt, convertible to 240 Volt, Regulator Included
Minuses: 30 Gallons.

2). Husky 3.2 Running HP 60 Gallon Cast Iron Air Compressor - VT6314 at The Home Depot

Pluses: 60 Gallons, Almost Twice the CFM.

Minuses: Heavy, Not Portable, Would have to add a 220-240 Line to my
CB panel, Have to add a regulator. $40 More. Plus the expenses of
adding the 220-240 line, breaker, and adding regulator.

·
Registered
495 Posts
OK are you going to use this for anything other than halloween? Rebuilding cars, sandblasting, painting, car repair, you get the idea.

Are these piston compressors, I assume the 220V is. A piston compressor is much quieter when running

I have the 220v 60gal upright in my garage. I do NOT have a regulator on it I run straight tank pressure for my air tools. If I paint I install a cleaner and regulator.
EVERYONE of my props has it's OWN regulator, I recommend this, so it doesn't matter what the tank pressure is. I can run all my air props all nite on one tank of air I have 7 air props running.

So based on your needs that is the route I would go. I am guessing you could get the smaller one and never have any issues.

hope this helps
-PB

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have used this compressor for many many years worked well. I just placed it in back with a longer hose to keep it quite.

-PB

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK are you going to use this for anything other than halloween? Rebuilding cars, sandblasting, painting, car repair, you get the idea.

Are these piston compressors, I assume the 220V is. A piston compressor is much quieter when running

I have the 220v 60gal upright in my garage. I do NOT have a regulator on it I run straight tank pressure for my air tools. If I paint I install a cleaner and regulator.
EVERYONE of my props has it's OWN regulator, I recommend this, so it doesn't matter what the tank pressure is. I can run all my air props all nite on one tank of air I have 7 air props running.

So based on your needs that is the route I would go. I am guessing you could get the smaller one and never have any issues.

hope this helps
-PB
Ummm not sure if they are piston compressors. I do know they are Cast Iron Twin cylinder. The only other things I will be using the compressor for are home projects. Pneumatic Nailers, Paint sprayers. Stuff like that. I just want to make sure 30 gallons is enough. I have a 10 gallon Central Pneumatic that couldnt keep up with just my air cannon. And that was on a timer for a minimum of every 2 minutes. It overheated and tripped the breaker. Plus im adding a few more pneumatic props. I want to make sure I have enough air and that it doesnt keep kicking on and possibly overheating. Thanks for all your input!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ummm not sure if they are piston compressors. I do know they are Cast Iron Twin cylinder. The only other things I will be using the compressor for are home projects. Pneumatic Nailers, Paint sprayers. Stuff like that. I just want to make sure 30 gallons is enough. I have a 10 gallon Central Pneumatic that couldnt keep up with just my air cannon. And that was on a timer for a minimum of every 2 minutes. It overheated and tripped the breaker. Plus im adding a few more pneumatic props. I want to make sure I have enough air and that it doesnt keep kicking on and possibly overheating. Thanks for all your input!
You already know the air cannon takes a large volume of air. If you are adding more props you could still go with the small one and then a reservoir tank. Essentially a 2nd air tank so you would have the large compressor tank and another secondary tank. This would give you all the air volume you will need and still be much cheaper than the large compressor and meet your needs.

We did this at my parents house on a Craftsman 30 gal and I was still able to paint a car with no issues.

-PB

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You already know the air cannon takes a large volume of air. If you are adding more props you could still go with the small one and then a reservoir tank. Essentially a 2nd air tank so you would have the large compressor tank and another secondary tank. This would give you all the air volume you will need and still be much cheaper than the large compressor and meet your needs.

We did this at my parents house on a Craftsman 30 gal and I was still able to paint a car with no issues.

-PB
Awesome, thanks again for your help. Will probably opt for the smaller one then. Less room to take up, portable, lighter, and I wont have to hard wire in a 240 line in to my CB Panel. Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts