Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some lights, gargoyles and a blucky out on my balcony was going to add somemore. Well Friday get a notice saying they are having the exterior power washed and everything must be removed from the balconies. So I had to take it all down. They also said we would be notified of when they will be painting, I'm guessing next week. So I don't know if I'll be putting anything back out on the balcony other than a pumpkin. It's my first Halloween in my place and they're ruining it already. I decorated a little inside, but I was depressed enough not having my usual outdoor display and then this. My neighbor even told me she liked what I had out, I was worried what the neighbors would think and now that I know one of them liked it makes it even harder.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Oh wow, that's a shame. Why couldn't they have done that maintenance earlier. I hope they have it all completed soon enough for you to redecorate the balcony.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
That bites. You should call up... whoever? tha landlord? And ask when they will be painting and how long it will take. Maybe they won't be painting till after October, or maybe it will all be dry by then.
It could be a giant ploy to stop people from decorating the balconies... Hmmm...

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all.

Well I know it's not something they do annually obviously. I can tell by the current condition the paint was in. Well I'm paying for this (association) so they better do it quickly.

Junit, I wish they were waiting till after October, but look at my location (Chicago suburbs), you know what it can be like in November cause OH is the same.

They really should have done this in August. There are leaves flying all over now, don't they think leaves might get stuck on the paint.

Dark Star, I hope they do paint quickly, since the spiders are a problem on the balconies, I'll have spiders casted into my balcony if they wait.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Aw, that sucks! Don't these people have any respect for the effort we put into Halloween? ;) Can you call someone to find out when they'll be painting? Maybe you can have it up for a few days and take lotsa pics for us here on the boards.

:)
Leigh Clements
The Mystery Maiden
shotinthedarkmysteries.com

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats too bad. but being an annoyingly optimistic person, at least it wasnt a notice about no decorating for halloween!!
That is a very good point.

I'm not the happiest now though because when I got home it looks like it wasn't done. The chipped paint that was there already still is and the spider webs are still there as well intact.

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
Sounds like the people that are fartin' around about getting your workplace fixed up are the same ones contracting out these painters...guess you don't know if they've gotten to it today yet either, it's still too early for you to be going home...I hope so! You were on an important mission, bringin' more Halloween spirit to your neighborhood, so they need to get freakin' done so you and your neighbors can enjoy it! I'm sitting here thinking about the power washers coming by before they paint and gettin' after those spider webs..after all the trouble they've given you in the past few months it kinda gives me satisfaction to think of those little suckers running from the jet stream of death....'that's RIGHT, you little boogers! You'll think twice before invading THIS balcony again, WON'T YA!!' :)

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Don't those people know that they live in CHICAGO, fer Pete's sake :eek:....outdoor maintenance needs to be done in the WARM weather, and like you said, it could turn ugly ANY MINUTE out there. Serve them right if they started painting, and it started snowing!! As a matter of fact, for the trouble that they have caused YOU, I hope that's exactly what happens!!! Serve 'em right....crazy landlords...what are they thinking???

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
can't you talk to the painters or landlord and have them do your area first. to heck with the rest of the building and when it gets done. that bites big time

1 - 20 of 29 Posts