Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember a thread detailing my recreation and modernization of the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 for last Halloween.
The project hasn't stopped, and since I've built 3 packs, and added a ton of lights, decals, and gizmos to the truck.

Yesterday I was booked for the major local pro haunted hayride, and given a choice, either park the Ecto-4 outside and mingle with the crowds, or have a scene where the truck and crew have free range for a skit.

Once my mind stopped boggling from the potential here, I've realised I have a series of choices. If we wander the place themepark style, it's sure to be 3 weekends of photos and fun.

However If we make a skit along the hayride with the Ecto-4 involved, I don't even know where to start. For the skit, we have the following things avaliable:
-The truck has room to drive
-The truck has warning lights, as well as a PA system for music/siren, which we could use to play a pre-recorded soundtrack.
-The proton packs are equipped to fire silly string

Any ideas for what I can do here to make the most of this?

·
Super Moderator
5,801 Posts
First thing to popped in my head is a peppers ghost to shoot at.

Second thing was one of those dog things.

Third is that you REALLY need to "accidentally" shoot the wagon and passengers at some point. That means something either flying OVER the wagon, or running UNDER. (depending on the kind of wagon and whether they're stopping, etc for obvious safety concerns)

Fourth, depending on the weather, whatever flys over/under could spray the wagon with a mist, assuming it's warm enough where you're at.

Fifth is that I really need to see that movie again before I can comment what might fit best.

Edit:

Very basic general first idea:

Eco 1 pulls up and stops in front of the wagon.

You all hop out and suit up and ask if they've seen anything? And telling them to stay put.

Something makes a noise from the dark. They all look, you go hunting for it, shooting into the dark. Then run back, Where'd it go? everyone remain calm.

Poof, noise back, something swoops over the wagon, spraying mist/air (depending on weather), You guys shooting at it, "Accidentally" hitting the wagon riders as it arks over their heads.

Apologize, make some joke about it (Can't remember enough about the terminology in the movie to come up with one on the spot here), then hop back in Eco 1 to chase whatever it was. Wagon proceeds, reset for next one.

edit 2:

Would work especially well if you either preceeded or followed an area that had a bunch of whatever is flying over the wagon as well...

Sounds like a lot of fun, and something out of the ordinary, which is always appreciated in haunts.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
go to your local Michellin tire store and see if they have an inflatable Michellin Man you can convert into the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts

I love it, first of all, second: definitely incorporate it into the haunt. i like everything unorthodox said, especially accidentally shooting at the wagon. trying to think of a skit, or a way to make it seem like you are actually shooting at the wagon...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are great, I really like your second scenario unorthadox. This haunt is in a forest, so there's a lot of pneumatic props flying around amongst the trees already.
I doubt michelin would help out, but I will keep an eye on ebay :)
Keep the ideas coming, and here's a treat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts