Halloween Forum banner

Too much leftover candy? Send it to Treats for the Troops!

1374 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  MichaelMyers1

http://opgrat.wordpress.com/2013/07/18/halloween-candy-for-the-troops/

I've never done it before & it looks like you really need to follow their instrutions to the T, but I'd rather send it to the troops than take it to work & have someone take all the Hershey bars because "my son LOVES these!! I'll take 'em for his lunch!"

Um...nope. I don't put candy in that bowl to fund YOUR kid's lunch. You had the kids, you can pay for their own damn candy.:mad: At the very least don't say out loud that's what you're going to do with it.

So I'm gonna send the "good stuff" to the troops instead. They need it & will appreciate it more.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts

http://opgrat.wordpress.com/2013/07/18/halloween-candy-for-the-troops/

I've never done it before & it looks like you really need to follow their instrutions to the T, but I'd rather send it to the troops than take it to work & have someone take all the Hershey bars because "my son LOVES these!! I'll take 'em for his lunch!"

Um...nope. I don't put candy in that bowl to fund YOUR kid's lunch. You had the kids, you can pay for their own damn candy.:mad: At the very least don't say out loud that's what you're going to do with it.

So I'm gonna send the "good stuff" to the troops instead. They need it & will appreciate it more.

Hey Rciag,

Several of us donated candy but since we have no kids at home we loaded up at the 50% candy sales. We've donated stuff before and several men and women that served in Afghanistan and Iraq were very QUICK to tell us how much stuff like this means to them. If they're willing to serve I'm willing to help their sweet tooth!!! Lololololol. Good idea and thanks for posting . . . a soldier somewhere might get a Bit-o-Honey from home! :D

GiggleingGhost

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.