Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be our first year as a professional haunt. We will be donating 100% of our admission to charity, so we will be relying on sponsors to help.
We have local businesses that have offered to help by doing the wiring, sound systems, advertising, and all sorts of other things.
Can one haunted house have too many sponsors? Is there a point when a business sponsor wouldn't feel like sponsoring is worth it, because there are too many others?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,845 Posts
I wouldn't think so. If they contribute, they get publicity and good will. It's not like you'll get too much help, right?

If they see some competitor is already sponsoring you, you may not get them to help out, but it would be redundant help, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Just my 2¢, as I've never done a full-scale haunt, but I don't believe you can get too many sponsors.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yah I would agree with the competitor thing. But in short I think if you lay it out to your sponsors, show them who else is sponsoring, and exactly how their advertising will be displayed you shouldn't have any problems.

Out of curiosity... Are you also taking in sponsors that help you monetarily to buy props? Always wondered if that was a standard thing to do.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
I've learned you can NEVER have toooooo much help......
if the biz's are serious about helping & not into the greed thing
& that is for the kids / ToTers, then the more the merry-scarier.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. We will not be taking monetary help for props... I've done a yard haunt for 7 years now and have PLENTY of props, sets, and animatronics. The charity we will be working with (Camp Hope) said they would like to re-invest a percentage of the funds into our haunt, but that will be starting next year once we see how well this goes over, and what kind of expenses are involved.
Although we won't be asking for money for props, I wonder if Spirit Halloween Store would sponsor by donating props?

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Although we won't be asking for money for props, I wonder if Spirit Halloween Store would sponsor by donating props?
(falls on floor) LMAO.....sorry, unless you know someone there or corp at spencers,
i just couldn't see those tight wades giving anything but grief !
If you do get them to donate,that would be the scariest thing they could ever have.
They are WAY too corperate.

·
Super Moderator
5,657 Posts
One thing:

MAKE SURE YOU DO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SPONSORS!

And any agreements you've made. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE they get the advertising agreed to in the agreement. Or, you will not have the sponsors come next year...(ie, some get advertising space near the entrance, others might get a 'sponsored by' mention in the radio ads, etc.)

My brother owns a small business and has been shafted a couple times when sponsoring events, but not getting all the advertising agreed to. And, word gets around which 'charity' events are worth sponsoring.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
You can't ever have to many sponsers. Gosh no. LoL. Like others said just treat them good, help premote them and if all goes well invite them back for next year.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I don't think ther is such a thing as too many sponsors! As long as they all get an equal amount of credit for their contributions. It's all publicity for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts