Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am running a little late and am wonderring if people would still come.... or if it is just too late and most people would have plans by now. Would do on Halloween nite since we are in 30's and most don't have kids...or they are young and parents would bring them. Was also thinking about saying no costumes required on invite to keep it stress free but is that no fun?? Really not sure what to do about the costume thing.

I guess it would be more of a reason to get together than a true Halloween party. But I would still decorate the house and all that good stuff.

THOUGHTS???

·
Registered
301 Posts
Go for it, there' s time still to pull one together. Our parties are costumes required or we dress them ourselves (and sometimes they don't like what they get dressed like.) It's more fun that way and it's not hard to come up with a costume.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Our very first halloween party was thrown together at the last minute. No invites sent, just word of mouth and just a few random decorations. Oh and it was on halloween night. Out of all the parties we've had that one was the biggest one yet! There were over 60 people here! So I say go for it!

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Never too late!!

Halllow and I second, third and gazillion the motion to go forth and partee like it's 19666! :D

We used Sendomatic.com for e-vites. They are fast and easy and have some really cute designs you can adapt with your own invitation details. The first ten sends are free. You may be able to send an invitation to yourself and then forward to more.
BOO!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS EVERYONE!!

You have inspired my Halloween soul and I will go for it!! Hopefully people will show up and not be lame in ghoulish spirit:)

I found some cool evite designs on Pingg.com ....am gonna go for a funeral theme since we will do a cemetary scene in the yard.

Party here we go....now the part planning stress starts right:eek:

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
It's never too late! Halloween parties are still fun even if people don't dress up, go with what you're comfortable with. Maybe just making them optional?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nah, Not too late, the best parties are impromptu. Send out the invites, part of the fun is coming up with the last minute costume. Hell if they're like me they will wait until the weekend before when the sales start going on!.

last minute costumes can be a hoot, on time my wife and i were invited the night before. My wife hung a lemon below her tummy and I hung a potato beloy my stomach. She went as a sour puss and i went as a dic tator. LOL>

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm glad you're going for it! Maybe tell everyone to wear their "funeral best", instead of stating that costumes are required... Then just see what people come up with! Have a great time :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts