Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nice , a cute little Ghost story.
Next to Her side of the bed was a touch lamp light. He had one like it on his side of their bed too.
The light on her side would go "On". If she didn't wake up, the light would go "OFF", then the light on "His" side would go "ON".
This would happen after their old Dog died, following the same pattern in that he would go to first her light, then visit His light,when he was sick and near the end.
Both of the lights stopped working eventually.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then.. tonight's customer's ghost stories!
She lived in an old scary place
She had an infestation of "Shadow People".her house was right next to the graveyard (BUT NEVERAGAIN!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't know what to think? An older woman who in many ways seems more "normal" than not.. but? Speaks of what others would either tag as "Supernatural" ..or pretty much mentally disturbed, obsessed, coming from another world or plain of existence.
I can understand the need for establishing some kind of a feeling at least that one has "special knowledge" about some more rare things in this life to make yourself worthy of being "heard",rather than ignored.
She just may be the strangest , yet all-encompassing person that I have ever met in these respects.
If one might have such powers of acute perception there could often be a personal danger involving one's ego slipping out of normal, social , comfortable boundaries needed to remain accepted by the rest of society.
I do believe we all have at least a little bit of "god" within us, which is fine and even necessary ... but if or when someone becomes of a mind that only they are So special.....you might have just won yourself a lonely "ticket" to ride that abandons those who make use of such temptations.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yesterday and last night I was told two personal Ghost Stories,which had some similarity's.
Two local young men said the original land owner of a 1/4 of this town, Mount Carroll, Illinois, died without selling any of his land (The way he wanted things to be)and vowed "To Never Leave HIS Land!"
Their house is on some of was once "His Land" and his spirit resides in a small space within their house, making itself "Know" to them , every so often, mostly with sounds.

The second story from yesterday had a young women seeing what she thought was a "Boy" wearing a dress. The witness to this was very young, not able to communicate much as a small child at that time.
This Ghost hid behind their refrigerator.
Then this ghost came out from behind the refrigerator when this girl (witness) was a teenager and then she and her Mother both saw it and described the Ghost Girl as having a very short hair cut and they each described the dress she was wearing as the same colors and pattern.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yesterday morning i was in the wine cellar here,"THE Most Haunted Room of this house" (To some people, we feel it's the front room)
I was down there scraping up some mud that had gotten in there during the heavy rain we had. I was only concerned about scraping mud, getting it done and going on about my other numerous tasks.
By "Haunted House Standards" every room here is over-lit but the wine cellar is slightly "darker",but not too much, as i was looking in a corner at mud or something, I swore that I saw ,with peripheral vision,a Cat walking toward me,maybe just 8 to 10 feet away. A Black or very dark Grey Cat. The "Cat"threw it's right front leg forward very smoothly in "Cat Fashion",doing it's walk. I turned toward it---Gone!
My first thought upon seeing this "Cat" was "Did "Tippy" get loose somehow?" A Black Cat we have. Our pets remain on our private side of the house for many very good reasons.
I recently read in England they believe having a Dead Cat in your house is "Good Luck" (except for that Cat!)
When I got this house I found a dead, petrified cat in a crawlspace, it's still there out of respect for the animal.(Although it would have made quite a "display", petrified ,laying on it's side with it's mouth wide open , frozen in it's last painful cry?-So SAD-Scary.)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Recently a young woman who works across from my house began telling me how she sees the ghost woman looking at her from one of the house's windows that face where she is standing.
"What does she look like?"-I asked her.
"She is Very pretty! She has long, dark hair,all full of many curls! She's wearing a beautiful dress!"
This description varies from the description usually given , but then if this was a "House Of Ill Repute" more than merely one female ghost might be here.
Then I told her that the window that she sees her in , does have a mannequin in it, 5 to 6 feet back from the window,facing away from the window, sitting on a swing and she is an African-American.
The "Witness" then told me that she sees "Her" "Every night!" (Not "Almost", but "EVERY" Night!?
Did I happen to mention some vines on the outside of this house also hide a certain percentage of what anyone can see looking through that window?
Do i believe any part of her story?
From the things she said about it, she makes it impossible for me to believe it, sorry.
This is the same window another local business neighbor said that she and her adult Daughter once saw a young man , thin, tall) standing in that window one night around 3AM as they were driving home. He was waving to them.they said.
Then a half a mile later there were very strange sounds coming from their almost New Cadillac. Thumping,banging from up -under the floor. It all stopped once they got a little further down the road.??
They also said the seat belts in their car seemed to be pulling back tighter , then loosening by themselves during that first mile or so as they were driving away from this neighborhood. They said it seemed as if "Someone" was in the back seat doing this.
Funny thing is a few psychics who have been to my house got "Bad vibes" from their building and the much smaller building right next to theirs.
The smaller building might be the oldest building in the little downtown here. It has a crawlspace under it where large Logs"are the floor beams.
A former owner of that small building had a bad,scary dream after he cut a hole in the floor and found several items there of clothing, and shoes from the 1880s.
In that nightmare, the "Owners" of those items were coming after him for disturbing the items.
The next day he returned those items and nailed the floor SHUT!
My Grandfather had been a "Soda Jerk"in this small building when he was a teenager probably around 1880.
The large building, already mentioned, had been a "Cigar Factory" employing mostly Women,later a Pool Hall,later an A&P Grocery Store

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A young married woman recently told me that she and her husband were the only ones in their apartment. They were having a conversation , as she bent over to pick something up, the closet door right behind her flew open, striking her butt hard and quick, sending her head-first to the floor!
There was one death on this large Apartment building as the original structure had been "Leveled" by the May18th Tornado in 1898. This place was The County Poor Farm then,like a Nursing Home owned by the local County.
The building has it's own grave yard behind it and I was told it's own Crematorium.(So there were many other deaths there too.)

Other tenants there have told me their "Stories" over the years.......
When the building was rebuilt years later extra floors were added when the modern Apartments were constructed.
When the big tornado struck the only reason the one man died was because he refused to go to the basement.
"I ain't getten outa this bed'! He said many times...he was crushed under the bricks, as I understand it.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last night at the end of their tour I happened to ask a man if he liked unusual stories?
Then he told me that he had spent two nights in THE WAVERLY! (Old Sanitarium)
There were a couple rubber balls that sometimes become "manipulated" get and played with by what is believed to be a "Ghost Boy". They hid the balls in a cabinet when no one was around.
Then they vanished , only to come rolling toward them at night down a long hallway.
They gave the balls a good "Kick" sending them flying quite a distance, hitting a wall, bouncing , then slowly rolling back to them.. then the balls did a SLOW circle.. around the two men, then it did another SLOW circle around them, then a third slow circle around them!

If this was merely a "Trick" done by a living person to impress them....how was it made to happen?
I sure don't have a "Clue"?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last night a young woman was here and told me how as she was sleeping and in her dream,she saw a young woman driving a certain make and color of car go down over a cliff, then had severe head injurys and was trapped in her car.
She told her Husband about this, they went to the Police who didn't wish to give her any audience much at all.
She even gave them the car's license plate number from her sleeping state.
When the car was later found, the driver was dead and because she knew So Many of the accident;s details,(The plate number) the Police assumed that she had had something to do with it!!
The Coroner later assigned 10:31 as the time of death, the exact time this woman had the dream.
A "Dream" complete with the Make, and license number of the death car. The car had been a Volkswagen Jetta,maybe not the most common car or the one with the most units sold?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A couple moved into their first house,it had been built in the 1920's,they were only the third couple to have lived in the house.
An attic bedroom had a light fixture that was turned "OFF" & "ON" via a pull-string on the light itself.
They would come home at night and see that this light was turned "ON",and the Husband was the one who got"Volunteered" to pull that string!
After doing this a few times, he decided to "Destroy" this particulate Room by making the entire attic ,one room.
As he was ripping out the old attic flooring he found many newspapers ,and most of them were headlining some old murders in Chicago ("The Grimes?" murders?)
which just went to making them even more uneasy in the attic!
The previous couple had died in the house as they both drank themselves to death there... both found dead in the basement. Alcohol Poisoning.

Looking up "Grimes Murders tells about two teenage Sisters who went out to a movie,everyone saw them there,they were seen leaving at it's conclusion, then were found naked and dead maybe a day later when people thought they were nude mannequins along the road.
A man was tried and found guilty, but he always maintained that he was innocent, he died in prison.
Two boys were also murdered under similar circumstances.
A Brother of the Grimes girls always said their murderer had to have been someone they "Knew".
The man imprisoned for their Deaths had "Horses" and gave children horse rides .
I wonder where John Gacey was at this time?
A body of a teenage boy was found under the gravel floor of the garage Gacey's had with their Apartment.
He may have began murdering at the age of 15. The young man was in a habit of taking a short-cut through the alley where the Gacey garage was located.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tonight's customer's Ghost Stories involved tvs and other electrical devices turning "On" and "OFF" by themselves.
One story told about Grandpa leaving this life,then a Baby Grandson lost his one and only favorite teething "toy",it was missing for several days.
When it returned it happened to just show up right in the middle of the little Grandson's baby bed.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yesterday afternoon was a "Car-Cruise" in downtown Mount Carroll.Ill. all just a few feet from Ravens Grin.
Some very rare and perfect-looking old cars were there (To drool over!)
A woman and I were talking ,mostly about cars when she told me about the time they brought their Son through my house (Whose Grandmother was my kindergarten teacher)
He was maybe 10 yrs.old? He ended up alone in the wine cellar.
He saw the Lady-In-White down there (resident ghost since at least 1925)
They were just looking at one another, then she began curling her finger at him as if to call him "Closer" to her!
He was petrified with FEAR,and that was "IT" for Him!
And I wonder why some people don't come back to my house?
This last winter a young man who used to frequent this place regularly told me how 10 years ago as he and his friends sat in my first room in mostly the dark, they saw a woman standing only a few feet away from them,wearing a long dress. they assumed it was my Wife.
They were watching her because they thought she would be going through the door to their immediate Right,into our private living area. The door was already open just an inch or two..a light was "ON" in that private hallway.. then this figure in the dress moved very quickly, passing through most of the door, the door never opening any wider!
No wonder it took this young man ten years to come back here!
I have , during the early years I had this house ,gotten the "Credit" for certain "Special Effects" that i will never be able to make happen.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today a woman sitting her car in my parking lot told me about the haunted House she once lived in when she lived in Minnesota.
"Two people had commited suicide in the house "(Off to a bad beginning right there!)
They would see them walking down the lane to the house late at night,then they would hear the door to the house opening,they would hear the footsteps coming up the stairs.
Curtains hung at the top of the stairs trying to control the heat during the winter.
They would see someone whipping the curtains apart, no one would be there?
It was common then in that climate to have curtains at the top of the stairs to try to keep"Heat" where you needed it the most. (Downstairs since "Heat" rises )

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This afternoon's "Ghost Story" (They were here this afternoon, we are open Sat. & Sun. afternoons too)
She was a Nurse in a Nursing Home. The elderly women was about to die!
As she began slipping off into Death.. the lights in the room began flickering! This scared the woman who was telling me this story!

.....Then, the second woman told me how when she was just a little girl, she was seated in her Aunt's lap, everyone was watching TV.
As she happened to turn her head she saw a shadow of a man crossing the room!
She screamed. Then her Aunt told her that she had seen the same thing!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just told this about an hour ago.
A new Pastor was beginning ceremonies celebrating his arrival. She was seated along with the rest of the congregation .
Her heart beat changed. This always happens when a ghost is near her.
She had trouble sitting up straight in the Pew,there was a force making her lean to the right.
"Someone" was sharing her body.
After the ceremony she went running outside,she was crying. Her husband was upset that she was not inside meeting the new Pastor.
She told her Husband about her difficulties,he empathized with her.
She re-entered the Church and began asking the Pastor a question.
Her question for him was :"Who is Agnes"?
He told her there was no "Agnes" in his life,he didn't know anyone with that name.
After asking him basically the same question in many slightly different ways, his composure slipped,he looked worried,then he asked her, nervously."Is SHE HERE?"
Saint Agnes is who he had dedicated himself to and who he prays to?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This story might be a ghost story, but whatever it is.. is very creepy/scary (I believe) for the majority of us.
A young woman loved the outdoors, camping, getting away from the hustling, bustling crowds,enjoying the Great outdoors!
She often spent time doing these things.
She rented a lonely cabin, she had done a lot of walking that day and was very tired.
The next morning she woke up, went back to"The city'.
She had taken some beautiful pictures on her weekend outing, but when the pictures came back there was a very disturbing person in some of those pictures!
She knows who the person is, knows her very well,it was herself,asleep,pictures taken from just a few feet away,and they were not "Selfies"!
She now has no plans to EVER return to that cabin.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A very simple, quick image of a "Story" was told to me last night by a visitor to Ravens Grin.
This storyteller is the Son of the man in the "story".
His Father was alone in the family's old farmhouse, he was seated in a larger downstairs room by himself.
Behind him was a large open doorway that connected two rooms, two large sheets hung there to create some privacy between the two rooms.
Gentle gust of wind moved the two sheets behind him ,they spread apart.. he saw a young woman standing there in the next room. who then vanished!
In some respects this is not much of an incident.. but I really like the ghost getting caught by a random little breeze!
This kind of makes it almost... "Romantic" to me.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here we are at the conclusion of October.. tonight's quick little Ghost Story might just grab some of you in certain ways..?
A relative of the young woman sitting here in my house,Ravens Grin Inn told me this a few hours ago.
She had a relative who lived in an old house. Old houses are not always the prefer d house.. her family moved out, she asked them "Why?"
Seems they kept hearing a ghostly sound and it began to really bother them!
"Was it some small,reoccurring noise?"
"Not quite like you just stated it.
They would hear the sounds of a woman falling down the main stairs,Screaming as she went!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another October Ghost Story: A man was re-habbing the old house. It was a partially stone house. In the middle of his working on it a young man appeared wearing clothes circa 1890. He walked through a wall to get to the room the man was working in, then kept on walking, exiting via another wall,a wall with no door.
The witness to this was very reluctant to tell his adult Son this story.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts