Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wow, those turned out great! Love the use of the coolers, and your aging and weathering look awesome! Great job!!!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Really nice! I'm loving the one with the two columns. That will be on my list if I have time. Very nice work!

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
Very nice work. Love the cooler idea.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Love your use of other materials besides the foam board that I cannot seem to find here in my area (no need for it I guess). Made me remember there are plenty of other ways to make cool tombstones for next year.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
I love the tombstones. So where did you pick up the flur de lise and the pediments and urns. They give such depth and art to the stones. I need to get that sort of vibe going in my graveyard.

·
Reaper Queen
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you, everyone, the urn, and decorative finials came from Hobby Lobby, they had a 90%off decorating section and 80% off garden section that I got those things from, the most expensive was like $2.80 I attached them with liquid nails, and painted, the one that is a single pole is a scrape piece of PVC pipe, the one with the taller pole and angel next to it actually had another pole just like it, but it was very tippy, the finials were quite heavy, so until I get a chance to see it I can fix it, I stuck the angle on the spot that it broke off!LOL!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Great looking tombstones, Bethene!
I like how they all look different from one another.
Super job on the aging, too!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Love Hobby Lobby - I see you used one of those little wooden crosses for a topper - I had my hand on one of those yesterday but went with one of the other 3 styles. Broke it during construction - they're only glued together (so be prepared to fix at some point).

LOVE THE LOOK! I'm extremely impressed with your work!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
ok, I have a couple ?'s...

WHat did you adhere the coolers too - is that a piece of plywood, or foam? HOW did you adhere all those foam coolers - using liquid nail?

And finally - the painting of the coolers...what did you use?

:D Thanks - I plan to copy if you couldn't tell!! LOL

·
Reaper Queen
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, BevAnn, thats why we are all here, to give help, and as I have many times, receive help! well, the bottom of the coolers is scrap foam pieces that I had around, , I glued them with liquid nails, . To paint, I basecoated them with white latex paint, them took a camo-type color and black, sprayed the tombstone down with the hose, then sprayed with the spray pain, watched it run, if I wanted more, I resprayed with water and resprayed with pain, if it was too dark just resprayed with water. Then when dry I took various craft paints, a olive green, grey, white, burnt sienna, and dry brushed it on gradually til I got the look I liked, if it was too dark, used the white, etc. I like the cooler idea, you can get them cheap, but with a few cheap ad-ons, you can make a great 3 dimentional tombstone

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Bethene, I love your tombstones! They are so ornate and unique. Love the ones with the pillars especially. They look as though their from an ancient graveyard.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Bethene - thanks so much!! I have little time left this year, but would love to try to throw a couple of those together by my party on the 17th. I appreciate your help :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts