Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, here is an idea that I wanted to run by like minded individuals...

nothing like a jury of my peers...

I am thinking of making a section of tombstones that are replicas of my forefathers. I have stumbled upon a cool website that allows you to "find" a grave, and I have been able to find most of my linneage all the way back to arrival in this country. (I already knew the linneage, but to find pictures of the stones is new to me).

I think it would be a fitting tribute/memorial to my family, but I could also see where someone might find it too morbid. Since I sometimes lack that particular filter, I ask your opinion....

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
I see nothing morbid about it. If anything it wll lend interest and realism to your cemetery and as you said, it would be a tribute of sorts. I wouldn't have any reservations about it personally.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
I think it would be a great idea. The only thing I caution you about is the reactions of your family and how they might take it if you build a stone for someone you have lost recently. My mother in law loved spending Halloween with our kids. She passed away in February 2011 and there is no way my wife or children would be able to appreciate the gesture at this point if I did a stone for her.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I wouldnt concider that a tribute at all. I have a more real look to my g.yard, and have duplicated several stones but not the names.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts