Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some tombstone shapes that someone had laid out to fit as many shapes and sizes on a single 4x8 sheet of foamboard. The originals were drawings on graph paper and photographed with a a cellphone. I corrected the distortion in photoshop then re-drew them as vectors. I thought I'd put up here for anyone that wants them. If the original author wants credit just contact me I'll add your name to the files.

Download PDF here

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Thanks for posting these!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thank you, this couldn't have come at a better time. I should have my shop/garage/haunted house cleaned up by this weekend so I can start work on making some tombstones among other things.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Pretty Cool!...

Bobby A, you say you have seen more of these...do you have a link?
This is one of them Read the whole thread because there were a couple errors in their templates. Lowes replied saying they have now fixed the leaning one.
http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/127945-tombstone-tutorial-lowes-templates-supply-list.html

There are also more resources at the end of that thread.

Go out of the forum and do a google search for: tombstone templates halloweenforum
You should get several leads on where to look. Searching works better via google looking into the forum, than the forum search function does.

·
Registered
623 Posts
They are laid out for cutting from a 4x8 sheet of foam but you can make them whatever size you want, its the shapes that matter.

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
Thanks for the templates DC!

Also, I just went to Home Despot & Lowes in Tallahassee this morning, & HD has the 2" EPS (beaded) styro in stock @ $14.99/sheet. Yay! Lowes here has the XPS Dow (blue) styrofoam, but only in 1/2". But, aside from having to go to two different stores to get the materials; you can laminate the XPS to the thicker EPS to use for a core material to make thicker stones that you can get fine detail on, cheaper than special ordering 1 1/2" XPS from either store. On a sad note, HD isn't carrying any of the Owens Corning XPS foam at all. :/

Btw, you can get pretty decent detail with EPS foam, you just have to be a bit more careful. My take on Urok-haii's celtic cross was made w/ EPS foam, mind you, it was a bit of a pain in the... but it turned out pretty good imo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for doing this... I used the camera picture this weekend. One suggestion to keep the grid lines (they helped me) so the dimensions are easily copied.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
Ghost Ninja
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing