Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some advice on how to attach a black rose to a tombstone I made for my wife. I've attached a picture of it. Kids wanted it to say "mom" and she is a pharmacist and stands all day...hence the epitaph.

Anyway....was thinking of just using some spray adhesive that I have and spraying the stone and just pressing the rose onto the stone - above the "Mom". I'm sure if I press it going horizontal on the tombstone, the rose petals on the back will grab and stick? I know this is probably an easy question and probably seems silly but just don't want to do something stupid first. ;)

mom.jpg

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great suggestions! Thank you all for the responses. I wire, tack, hot glue, all of it got me to thinking; so I dug around in a box and found a couple of nice big black wire ties that were used to tie the cord for a spot light I had purchased. I think I can push those in - one on each end of the rose like a staple and then use hot glue on the area that it enters the foam and should hold. Thank you, thank you.

It probably seemed like a silly question or should be easy, but first year to make stones and I'm kind of like Tim the toolman Taylor. I'm good at taking stuff apart, but I always end up with extra pieces when I try to put it back together. :eek:

thanks again for your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts