Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the "Tombstone Lifter" (made by Tekky Toys).
http://tekkytoys.com/pages/halloween2.php?productID=7

It's actually a pretty cool product, but the audio is just awful. It goes off every two minutes and the sound has already driven me crazy.

Is there a way to hack this thing and hook it up to a laser trigger, so when someone breaks the beam, it will start?
I'd like to bypass the audio sensor.

OT:
I'm in the Bay Area (Northern Cali) and Target has it for $49, while Spirit has it for $79. It's the exact same product. It makes me think EVERYTHING at Spirit is over-priced, which is kinda sad.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm not seeing this item listed by Target. Maybe it's a west coast thing. An online search showed it as $69-99. Sigh. I'd be interested in a hack as well.
Cait

PS: I went to the manufacturer site but couldn't find any price listings. Do they sell direc t or just to companies?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just got back from Target (the physical store) and i'll be damned if The tomblifter wasn't $50!!!
Even with the 20% off coupon from Spirit it was cheaper. So Much so I also bought a really nice molded tombstone as well with the difference. i have to admit I didn't believe that there it could be had so cheaply. It was the last one and the clerk didn't knowe if they were getting any more.
The sound isn't everything one might hope but its not too bad to my ear. Guess i'll have to start watching for a hack tutorial or page as well now..lol. Maybe I'll just get a foot petal trigger or try to hook it up via x10 motion sensors and their computer software.

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
I made my own last year.Its a slow motion but worked well in my graveyard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts