Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do the Grave Ghost peppers ghost setup this year on my lawn but I cant seem to find a tombstone prop anywhere that will be large (wide) enough to hide the tv. Does anybody know where I can get a reasonably priced tombstone that is at least 24" wide?

·
Registered
22 Posts
bdee, why not go to home depot & buy a sheet of foam & make your own??? If you have pumpkin carving tools, thats all you'll need to cut/shape it...then just paint it with a latex spray paint. You can always use a marker for RIP or something similar if you don't want to get totally involved in it.
Ken

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
ˆJust checking - doesn't spray paint eat at the foam? I think it's a good suggestion - then you can even wrap around the sides a bit if you want.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Gobby, That's why I specified "latex" spray paint..Latex is water based...just make sure you check the can.
Huh! I just assumed it was all aerosols that were hard on foam for some reason. Uh oh. I think I learned something today.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great paint Bert....& Gobby...that's why I love this forum, I learn something on each visit..;) Frughoul....Awesome link Thanks...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bdee, why not go to home depot & buy a sheet of foam & make your own??? If you have pumpkin carving tools, thats all you'll need to cut/shape it...then just paint it with a latex spray paint. You can always use a marker for RIP or something similar if you don't want to get totally involved in it.
Ken
I love the idea of that but I just don't have enough time to make my own and honestly I think it would come out looking kind of plain and cheesy - I don't have that kind of skill to make it really look nice. I am just shocked that they don't have larger inexpensive gravestones at party or halloween stores.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok So I did a dry run last night just to see how it would work and I took a couple videos (see below). I of course found a few problems that I need to work on.

1) the gravestones are too small to hide the equipment.
2) the old tv I am using has a built in VCR on the bottom, so the bottom of the image is higher off the ground than I would like (I think i might dig a small hole to put the tv in so the bottom of the image is lower.
3) my plexiglass is a bit scratched from storage and its too tall so you can see the top of it over the top of the gravestones. So I will need new plexiglass.
4) I will need some stakes to put in the ground behind the tombstones to keep the plexiglass propped up and straight.

It looks much better on video than it did in person but not bad for a first try :)

zombie girl:

grave ghost:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts