Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Ca. and have gone to a few home improvement stores like Lowes, OSH, Home Depot, etc. looking for the Blue or Pink foam that I have seen many of you people here use for projects. My problem is that none of the stores I have been to carrry it. Does anybody know where I can find some to purchase? :eek:

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
Most likely it's going to be near impossible to find the foamcore that most of us use. I've heard that they have the white bead styro sheets, but that isn't the best.

Lowes carries Dow Formular insulation sheets (the blue stuff)

Home Depot carries the Owens-Corning insulation sheets (the pink stuff)

Asking anyone outside of the insulation aisle and you'll most likely get a "huh?" answer. At best you'll be lucky to find the 1/2 inch thickness in your area.

Hopefully some California posters will check in - but it's a pain here in TX to only get the 1/2 to 3/4 inch foam... but at least we can get something here.:eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in Ca. and have gone to a few home improvement stores like Lowes, OSH, Home Depot, etc. looking for the Blue or Pink foam that I have seen many of you people here use for projects. My problem is that none of the stores I have been to carrry it. Does anybody know where I can find some to purchase? :eek:
I walked around an entire home depot before finding the foam, it was in the very far corner where they keep all the bulk lumber near the contractor entrance. It almost looked like an area i wasnt supposed to be in....but it was there in all the sizes and thicknesses i needed.

Not sure if your store will be the same, but i thought i would let you know for what its worth. Its easy to miss stuff in those giant big box stores.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Every HD in San Diego carries only the white bead foam board. I used a single sheet of that to whip out 5 tombstones. Didn't like using it, but it was all I could get, and it worked.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Ha ha - I think Frankie's Girl means me LOL. If you're looking in Southern California, the only reliable place I've been able to find is Foam Sales and Marketing in Burbank, CA. They sell to the movie industry and others. I buy the blue foam in 2" or 3" there. It's pricey - but worth every penny. Here's the listing of their products and you can get their address on the contact us page.

foamsales&marketing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts