Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have been asked to make a couple of tombstones to go in the window of a local bakers shop for Halloween. They have left the epitaph up to me with just a few conditions. No swear words or references to sex? in other words they have to be child friendly. I wanted to do something funny that might relate to bread/baking, but the only thing I can think of implies that you might die if you eat the shops bread (which I don't think they would like) The usual internet searches have proved to be less than helpful, so I was hoping one of the clever people on this forum might be able to help me out with something they might have seen or made up themselves and don't mind me using.
Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I immediately think walking dead, "Open, bread inside". I know, that's probably not helpful...I'll keep thinking.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
How about three stones in a row: one stone says "The Butcher", then "The Baker," then "The Candle-Stick Maker." In front of the baker's stone, put a sign that says, "No time for that--there's baking to do! "

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
p.doughboy "1 poke too many"
"Doughnut disturb"
"Waiting to rise"
Bread in french is "pain" so maybe a play on that?
"Having a slice in the afterlife"

Mine are all cheesy but hope it helps to get the motors turning!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,444 Posts
"Wanda Turnover" ----Like "I wanna turn over (in my grave).

"Goodbye, Cruller World."

"Here Lies Johnny Cake--Formerly a Bundt, Now a Layer."

Rest in Peace, Larry Cake. He Fell."

Ok, these are getting bad......:)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

LOL! If you use John or Jane Dough (LOL!), you could put a little epitaph underneath that says "That's the way his cookie crumbled!". :D

Or with another name, you could add "She cried over spilt milk".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts