Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking today about all the various props we have created with some pretty simple materials - starting with a tomato cage. We turned it upside down, bent some of the wires, and added a foam head on one, and pool noodles on the "arms." Grab a mask, clothes, and gloves, and you have a good filler prop or groundbreaker. I will show some of the examples we have done over the years. And hopefully, some of you can show any that you have made for more ideas to share with everyone.

The first one we made was a werewolf. Even though he was just a static prop, he startled many a person from his position at the short wall out front. :D

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We also made a ghoulish little greeter for the foyer.

A grave digger for the cemetery.

We added some guts made of great stuff and some flattened pants to make him look like he got run over in the graveyard, LOL.

And next to him, a really tall "groundbreaker" made with three tomato cages stacked on one another.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
You really can do a lot using tomato cages as a framework. This is the witch I made. Three cages stacked and wired together with the top cages wires covered with pool noodles to form the arms. I used plastic shopping bags to fill her out in the chest and hunch the back. Really inexpensive build that worked awesome and has held up for three halloweens now.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nightfisher, you've got an excellent full-size witch prop there! Nice work. Thanks for showing her.

Hallowfear, it really is a good kids' project.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts