Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To have both sons deployed at the same time in the same country is rare. To have them get a chance to see each other is even more unlikely, but thanks to my oldest boy's chain of command, they arranged for them to see each other for a few days. Evan (oldest) pictured here with his "little" brother, Colin at Camp Leatherneck. They were both so happy to see each other. Mrs. dubs had tears in her eyes:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am glad to see that the Command let them get together. When I was in, (NAVY) There was a policy against letting siblings be on the same ship, not sure about the policy of visiting. I had more than a few shipmates that really wanted to have some time with their brothers or sisters, even seeing them on holidays could be tough, if the rotations didn't line up just right.

Thank you to your boys and you as well for the sacrifice you are all making for the country.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I love the smiles on those young men's faces. I don't know if it's because I'm a mommy too, or because I'm part of a military family, but I've got tears in my eyes too. Those boys, (I'm sorry, I know they're men, but I feel they're boys) will never know how many prayers they have going out to them, and how many people are wishing them the best. And we are all so thankful for what they are doing. And my gratitude goes out to you, your wife, and the rest of your family for your sacrifices too. Your family is an example of what is the best of what this country has to give. And again, you and your family will never know how many hearts you are in. Thanks for keeping us up to date with your sons travels.
Just a side note, do you display two stars in your window?

·
Registered
558 Posts
This made me cry. I know how you feel having two of my kids deployed at the same time. I will pray for your sons safety. My kids are both out now and although I was so very proud of them for serving I am happy they are home safe. Great pic of your boys.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes. It means a lot. They are doing as well as can be expected. both say that they have a different outlook on a lot of things now, in terms of what they are thankful for. Both will be very glad to get back home!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
All the best to your lads from a 20 year vet from across the pond.
"Chins up and arses down, boys.. get home safe"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts