Halloween Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drew up a map layout for the first 50 feet of the barn and took it to show the guys yesterday. They thought it was good and doable. .They were in the midst of cleaning out one side of the upstairs for an upcoming benefit.
Today we start cleaning up the basement of the barn and moving their prop collection downstairs. I'll take the camera and post some pics of the site. One very cool feature is the recessed window every few feet on both outside walls. Perfect niches for all sorts of displays tricks what have you. Obviously I'm excited.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
A barn with a basement? I've seen some barns with earth bermed up on one side to give drive-in access to the loft area, but I've never seen one with a basement. My mind boggles at the possibilities! Are there (or could there be) trap doors? It sounds like this will be amazing; I'm looking forward to following along.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Some barns, barns used for horses, had stalls with steel"Jail Bars" covering the open "window" between the stalls so one horse could not bite his neighbor horse. Such a barn was a block from my Parent's house. what a nice Haunt that would have made incorporating those steel bars.
The wood around the bars had some heavy chew-marks around those steel bars.
"See the chew marks? They were from the time and space aliens continuum secretly kept prisoner here at one time!" HAHAHA!

Reactions: Greenwick

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Barns around here became more empty than full after the Gov. buy out program several years ago.
I guess milk production was too high?
Owning a Dairy Farm is a non-stop commitment because those Cows HAVE to be milked twice a day. A very limiting schedule in every way upon the owner.

Reactions: Greenwick

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guru
No real theme this year just going to build and utilize existing props and kinda wing it.
Grudge
The floor is not really level it's elevated at the extreme left and right and steps down unevenly but we've figured that out.
Today we moved all the junk in the foreground to the rear of the barn. If you look at the second interior photo you can see a gate at the end of the right hand aisle there is a door there that will be the exit. we laid out the path through and it's almost 500 feet of halls and scenes so should keep us busy for a while. Owner of the barn has I think 300 acres with lots of woods so next step is to harvest some pine logs and have them sawed into lumber. Fortunately there are a bunch of Amish mills within a few miles so that will be pretty reasonable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts