Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I love this! Are they just plastic tablecloths on each window then the lights turned on in each room? I have tried to do this, but my family gets annoyed when I take over their rooms with lights being on lol.
It’s a bit more involved, and pricey. I use a polyester shower curtain, cut to fit the exact size of the window. It must be “tight and flat” against the window.

The lights are LED strip lights with the 3-M backing that sticks and is lined on the perimeter of the wall.

Then another curtain is added as a backdrop. This creates a light “sandwich”. The light “bounces” between the curtains creating the “Glow” effect.

I have tried all the other methods, but this one gives the most dramatic effect.

Here are some pics of the small center window:

Cost is about $40 per window.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do you get any complaints from family members from the red light spillage in their room at night? Or does the second curtain take care of alot of it?
The light does “bleed” into the rooms. I have all of them on WIFI timers so they go off at 9:30 PM on weekdays and 10:30 PM on weekends.....about the time my youngest one goes to bed.

They are used to it now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
It's not that impressive, the fence isn't up, I just took the back slats and one of the supports off. THAT SAID, I took a picture to see the border that the pallets will form. And for a first batch we have a decent amount of coverage.
View attachment 740137
Can’t wait to see the final setup. It looks great so far.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts