Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open this afternoon had three women from indianna ( 5 hours away, plus a young man from California.
Then tonight we had three a "Dad" and two teenage girls. The "Dad" had been here four or more times,and HE was the one that tonight made THE BIGGEST SCREAM and JUMP! That I have seen in a long time,in front the girls, of course!
Then he had a laughing "jag!"
It was actually 50 degrees here today! Much of our snow became the wicked Witch, "Im', melting! I'm melting!"
"GOOD!"

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sounds like fun Gym. Glad your snow is melting! Ours is too but it's going to create headaches at work before we can enjoy the warmer weather (in the form of flooding at the barn as well as a burst pipe in the barn.....we have one every single year just a matter of which pipe and when it will burst).

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One May it never stopped raining all month.This house is at the edge of a cliff, everything for two blocks runs toward the cliff , then down to the small river.
That year so much water was running through one wall at the back of the wine cellar that it eventually fell in.This was the part under the arch that had never had any mortar between the random stones and bricks stacked up there,totally different from the rest of the wine cellar which has always been all laid up with cut stones and mortared together solidly.
I had to carry this mess up and out of the wine cellar,it was wet , muddy and heavy. Then I dug a hole in the yard going down 10 feet to reach that part where it fell in to build a small room there to hold a sump pump. I have also poured cement above that part to help turn the rain and water away from the wine cellar and this did seem to work.
I know what "fun" rain and melting can be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts